Text Highlight Feature - Stroke Width

Hi there,

I am trying to adjust the width of my text highlight on my homepage. The built in editor allows you to bump up the stroke to 1em. I would like it to be a bit thinker. I was able to test in the Chrome inspector, set width to 1.2em, and it looks great (see screenshot). However, when I add the below code to my custom CSS, it does not work. I tried adding an !important tag as well, but still nothing. Any thoughts?

--------------------

password: $un$hine23

--------------------

#block-1123c61b59a900987d21 .TextShape-node {
  stroke-width: 1.2em;
  margin-top: -5px;
}

--------------------

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2023-03-23 at 10.32.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-23 at 10.32.45 AM.png

On 3/23/2023 at 3:34 PM, AshM13 said:

@Summit227 thanks for the suggestion. Why HTML? I've already identified the block id.

That's just one of the class names SS uses.  You can see that same class referenced in your screenshot above.  I don't think you always need a block ID, but I'm no SquareSpace expert...  Tuanphan above is though!  So, you can reply to his question if you still need help. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all,

I'm also bumping into this issue. I can't make the highlight bigger than the text.

This is the website:
https://cobo-co.nl/ (third section of the home page)

I already added some code for changing the H2 in that section, but I can figure out how to target the white highlight.

If somebody can help that would be great! (All the code in the posts above didn't help.)

Sandra Keus | Square It Up
Based in Portugal, from The Netherlands, working world wide.

👩🏻‍💻 squareitup.co/en/portfolio
✉️ sandra@squareitup.co

• 1 month later...