Change default for text links to "Open in a new window"

It drives me crazy that Squarespace's default is to have the "Open in a new window" feature toggled off for text links and to not let us change the default for ourselves. Anybody have a bit of code to share that could help out?

Thank you!

Please see Text Block Links Open in New Window.

This code targets text block links only and requires the business plan or above.

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

On 3/18/2023 at 9:13 AM, derricksrandomviews said:

There is blanket code but unfortunately, it affects EVERY link, not just text links. That means your Nav links open in a new window, as well as images, everything. There is a bit of code you can add to the links you want to open in a new window but what is the point of that when you can just toggle it?

Thanks. And it's more that I wish the default in Squarespace is to have text links open in a new window and you had to toggle on the feature to open in the site. Most of the sites I design use buttons for clicking around within the site and text links for linking out to other sites.