Youtube Stream Video on Squarespace

Hello. I need to share a YouTube stream video to a members area page here on Squarespace.

At the moment, the streaming video sharing options do not show code to embed and only show the link (which does not work in squarespace).

Does anyone know how to do this type of event using Squarespace to charge stream entries?

Thank you

To embed a YouTube video in Squarespace, follow these steps:

1. Go to your YouTube video and click on the "Share" button below the video player.
  2. Click on the "Embed" option, and you will see the embed code for the video.
  3. Copy the embed code.
  4. Go to your Squarespace website and navigate to the page where you want to embed the video.
  5. Add a new content block by clicking on the "+" icon in the top left corner of the page.
  6. Select the "Embed" option from the content block options.
  7. Paste the YouTube video embed code into the content block.
  8. Save the changes to the page.

Your YouTube video should now be embedded on your Squarespace website.

If the embed code isn't showing up, make sure the video is shared to the public.

If the "Embed" option is not showing up when you click on the "Share" button below a YouTube video, it's possible that the video owner has disabled embedding for that particular video. In this case, you won't be able to embed the video on your website or elsewhere.

However, you can try the following steps to see if the embed option is available:

1. Make sure you are logged in to your YouTube account.
  2. Check to see if the video has been set to "Private". Private videos cannot be embedded.
  3. Try refreshing the page or clearing your browser cache and cookies.
  4. Try viewing the video on a different browser or device.
  5. If the video is part of a playlist, try clicking on the "Share" button on the playlist page instead of the individual video page.

I already managed to put the video that is streaming on a squarespace page, thanks 🙂

My question now is whether it is possible to protect the video from being shared outside the page. Clicking on it sends you to youtube and in fact, anyone who sees the link for the first time can share the link.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to completely prevent someone from sharing a YouTube video that is embedded on your Squarespace website. When you embed a YouTube video on your website, the video is still hosted on YouTube's servers, and YouTube provides the ability for viewers to share the video through social media or by copying the video's URL.

However, there are some measures you can take to make it more difficult for someone to share the video outside of your website. One option is to disable the "Share" button on the video player, which can be done within the YouTube video settings. Another option is to set the video to "Unlisted" on YouTube, which means that it will not appear in search results or on your YouTube channel, but can still be accessed through the direct link.

Additionally, you can add a message or disclaimer on your website asking viewers not to share the video outside of the page, or consider password protecting the page where the video is embedded. These measures may not completely prevent sharing, but can help to discourage it.

On 3/8/2023 at 12:54 PM, LogikEvidence said:

I need to share a YouTube stream video to a members area page here on Squarespace.

Although you stated that you want to share a YouTube livestream, if you want to privately share a livestream via a member area on Squarespace, you may be better using one of the paid services that offer this feature.

For example, you could embed a livestream using Vimeo. They offer features including passwords and embed permissions to keep private streams secure.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️ 

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance