SEO issues - Google returning wrong SEO info

I've got an issue where Google is not returning the right SEO info from my website. The photo below shows what I mean - both the text underneath the website name and the sub-links are incorrect. I think Google is pulling either the anchor text, or just the first info it finds on the page

I've tried to edit the SEO titles / descriptions at a page and website level but no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance 🙂

image.jpeg

Google automatically picks these links, there's not too much you can do to control it, but you can request certain links be removed.

If you change the SEO titles and descriptions, it takes until Google recrawls your pages before they change, you can request this recrawling/reindexing via Google Search Console, but there's no timeframe given for how long it will take.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

Note that since August 2021 Google is rewriting the SERP titles so what you have in your TITLE tag may not appear in the SERP as the blue headline.

This is likely to give their paying advertisers more opportunity to stand out in the search results by being able to include keywords in the Main Highlighted piece of text of their ads.

Basically pretty much forget having control but as Ziggy says, if your site has a certian critical mass of traffic you may be able to remove "site links" from being shown.

G.

We provide digital marketing services for businesses that need exposure/sales from search and social media networks. We also build incredibly fast and well optimised multi-language Square Space websites.
Digital Marketing | Marketing Digitale

• 1 month later...

It sounds like your website's meta title and meta description may not be properly optimized for search engines, causing Google to display incorrect information in the search results. Here are some steps you can take to fix this issue:

1. Check your website's meta title and meta description: Use a tool like Screaming Frog or Google Search Console to check the meta title and meta description for each page of your website. Make sure that they are unique, descriptive, and include relevant keywords https://packstrack.com/redxtracking

2. Optimize your meta tags: Update the meta title and meta description for each page of your website to make them more compelling and relevant to searchers. This can include including relevant keywords, using action-oriented language, and highlighting your unique value proposition.

3. Use structured data: Implementing structured data on your website can help Google understand the content of your site more accurately and may improve the accuracy of the information displayed in the search results. Consider using schema markup for your content, such as product reviews, ratings, or events.

4. Verify your website with Google Search Console: Verify your website with Google Search Console and use the "Fetch as Google" tool to ensure that Google is able to crawl and index your site properly.

By following these steps, you can help to ensure that Google is displaying accurate and relevant information for your website in the search results.