How to fix "missing field" errors from schema validation

Website URL: www.rainforestinn.com

When running a schema validation on my website, 2 errors were reported.

One is missing field "image" and the second is missing field "name."

There are multiple images on my website, and the name of my business is mentioned throughout the website, as well as in the URL.

I am unsure on how to fix these issues, and would like to have a fully validated schema in order to boost visibility as much as possible. I have attached a screenshot of the errors received from the Google Rich Results Test. 

Thank you in advance. 

Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 2.24.41 PM.png

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 8
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have the exact same issue. Added my own schema - which is super clean - and the error is on the SS generated side of things. Any help here would be appreciated. (I brought this up over two years ago and received no response.)

• 4 weeks later...

I was able to repair the Squarespace Schema (image and name missing) errors by deleting all of the information from Squarespace Settings>Business Information. I deleted everything except the business name and then pasted the following code into the header code injection. I updated the code with my site's information, of course. It worked for me. No errors...I am not a programmer, just a Squarespace user who finally found a solution. I hope this works for you too!

..."This is an error made by Squarespace theme/software. It auto-generates incorrect schema markup script, which Google automatically flags with errors because it contains errors. There is a solution to this. Remove all existing business information from your Settings>Business Information.

Take this script/code and carefully replace existing business information/details with yours, be sure to keep all quotes and comas as is. Use a plain text editor file, without formatting.

<script type="application/ld+json">
{
  "@context": "https://schema.org",
  "@type": "LocalBusiness",
  "name": "Business Name",
  "url": "https://www.affjfj.com",
  "logo": "https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/6a-4323-b81c-2bd70651f814/color_transparent+Final+for+Site.png?format=1500w",
  "address": {
    "@type": "PostalAddress",
    "addressLocality": "New York",
    "addressRegion": "NY",
    "postalCode": "10001",
    "streetAddress": "244 5th Ave, 2nd Floor"
  },
  "telephone": "(553) 557-9577",
  "priceRange": "$",
  "currenciesAccepted": "USD",
  "paymentAccepted": "Credit Card, PayPal",
  "openingHoursSpecification": [
    {
      "@type": "OpeningHoursSpecification",
      "dayOfWeek": [
        "Monday",
        "Tuesday",
        "Wednesday",
        "Thursday",
        "Friday"
      ],
      "opens": "09:00",
      "closes": "17:00"
    },
    {
      "@type": "OpeningHoursSpecification",
      "dayOfWeek": [
        "Saturday"
      ],
      "opens": "10:00",
      "closes": "16:00"
    }
  ]
}
</script>

Once you've updated the script with your business information, hours, etc. Please copy and paste the code into Google Rich Results/Schema validator tool: https://search.google.com/test/rich-results.

If you don't have any critical errors, then copy and paste the code using Settings>Advanced>Code Injection

Paste the code into HEADER section. Then save. "

Edited by Vinnyfromnova
  • 3 months later...

I am having the same issue and deleting the address under my business settings did not fix it. This only made more errors for the "organization listing" and did nothing to the "local business listing".  When I test my local listing code, it's great. But the actual url test fails.