Password Protected Site Availability Help

Hi there,

I hope this is the correct place to receive help, I'm new to Squarespace and have never built a website.

I've built my website but need to send it to friends for critical review before I launch.....as I'm sure many of you have done.

For the last 2 days I've set and reset the password under 'site availability' to give access to friends.

The password screen appears, they enter the password and then it looks like its loading but shows the same screen again to enter the password and once entered it says 'Please try again' in a red banner.  

I've switched it from 'private' to 'password protected' and it still won't work.

Can someone please help me identify what I'm doing wrong? 

Thank you so much!

Nita 

Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 12.54.42.png

Thanks tuanphan,

I've tried the invitation option but it puts people off as they have to set up a Squarespace account, so I'd really like to get the password protected option working. 

I'd be grateful to receive any pointers to get the password protected option working.

Many thanks

Nita

Hi @NitaD,

I've often found that a very simple password here is the best option because of user error. I'd reset the password to something easy to type in and try again. And double check the uppercase/lowercase setting as you enter the new password - that's another thing that can trip up.

I have a blog post on Sharing a Squarespace Website Before it Goes Live if that's helpful.

Christy

Edited by christyprice

christyprice.com  🇺🇸 Austin, TX US 

Get my 100+ item Client Process Checklist for $17.
📔 Flourish Journal for Creative Entrepreneurs - 365 days of prompts
🎥 Watch Circle Live: Hello Income (feat. Christy Price and Jeremy Schwartz)
🎬 Watch It's Not Hard to Say Goodbye: Crafting Client Offboarding from Circle Day 2023

• 4 weeks later...