Adding newsletter block to lockscreen?

My lock screen is currently not active, but I'm working on making it where the "password" entry box is completely gone, and it's replaced with a newsletter block. I can't figure out a way to do this. So far, all I've got is a couple lines of texts, and a clickable "sign up" link that doesn't even do anything. It's a mess.

Can anyone help with this? Is this possible? I'm also not opposed to keeping the password box on there, just would prefer to move it towards the bottom of the site, and keeping the newsletter block in the center under my logo. 

• Replies 1
  • Views 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, austinlivs said:

Adding newsletter block to lockscreen? Is this possible?

No. You cannot add a Newsletter Block to the lock screen because it is more than a decorative veil; it prevents access to website content and functionality.

The only way to hide website content and show a placeholder page with a Newsletter Block is to

• remove the sitewide password from the site
  • create a placeholder page with Newsletter Block and set it as the homepage
  • password protect all other pages individually

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.