Change logo link on desktop and mobile version 7.1

Hi there, I've found other threads like this but unsure at which one is the solution and don't want to risk now that the site is live.

This is a bilingual site (two separate squarespace sites).

We originally had it on 7.0 and used the Cover page feature as the landing page to choose between English and Spanish.

We would like to have a cover page again but the option is no longer available.

The workaround seems to be to set the logo to go to our homepage (which we don't want on the main navigation) and to set the hompage on the english site as the cover page. Then, we can change the logo on desktop and mobile to link to the homepage that we want.

How can I achieve this? I see it's been done with CSS but I saw different issues with codes.

Thank you!

11 hours ago, pleni said:

This is a bilingual site (two separate squarespace sites). We originally had it on 7.0 and used the Cover page feature as the landing page to choose between English and Spanish. We would like to have a cover page again but the option is no longer available.

I don't recommend using a landing page, as a very small percentage of your visitors will see it. They are far more likely to land directly on another page within your site, for example from search engine results or a link on another site.

A better alternative is to clearly offer add language choices in the header so they appear on every page. There are a number of ways to do this but we'd need to see your site to offer more specific advice 🙂

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

7 hours ago, paul2009 said:

I don't recommend using a landing page, as a very small percentage of your visitors will see it. They are far more likely to land directly on another page within your site, for example from search engine results or a link on another site.

A better alternative is to clearly offer add language choices in the header so they appear on every page. There are a number of ways to do this but we'd need to see your site to offer more specific advice 🙂

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

The site is https://www.plenitudpr.org/ I thought it was linked. I apologize.

Edited by pleni
On 2/10/2023 at 9:37 AM, pleni said:

Hi, no I want to add the link to this logo on desktop and mobile:

Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 9.34.41 PM.png

Add to Settings > Advanced > Code Injection > Footer

<script>
  document.querySelector('.header-title-logo a').setAttribute('href', '/');
</script>

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 3 months later...

Hello @tuanphan this code isn working on mobile version so I made this adjustment to the code and it worked for me.

<script>
  document.querySelector('.header-title-logo a').setAttribute('link'); $(".header .header-mobile-layout-logo-left-nav-right .header-display-mobile .header-title [href]").attr("href", "link");
</script>

Edited by Civic
  • 8 months later...

Circling back on this! I was successful in changing the link connected to my header logo on desktop, but was unsuccessful in mobile as it is still linking to our designated home page which is an animated/splash page that the browser should not be forced to view more than once per site visit. Any ideas on how to solve this? 

Current link location: warmflowers.com/welcome (password is: wf2024)
Corrected link location: warmflowers.com/home

On 1/31/2024 at 10:46 PM, blynkstudio said:

Circling back on this! I was successful in changing the link connected to my header logo on desktop, but was unsuccessful in mobile as it is still linking to our designated home page which is an animated/splash page that the browser should not be forced to view more than once per site visit. Any ideas on how to solve this? 

Current link location: warmflowers.com/welcome (password is: wf2024)
Corrected link location: warmflowers.com/home

I see you figured it out with this code?

<script>
  /* Desktop branding - redirect to another URL */
  document.querySelector('.header-display-desktop .header-title-logo a').setAttribute('href', '/home');
   /* Mobile branding - redirect to another URL */
  document.querySelector('.header-display-mobile .header-title-logo a').setAttribute('href', '/home');  
</script>

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)