Check out form

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi there

When my customers are going through the checkout process, I would like to add an "confirm email" field, as it is possible to go through with an order with faulty mail adresses. The required fields in our form can be seen in the attached file

Tia

screenshot.jpg

• Replies 1
  • Views 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Solution
18 minutes ago, Mwith said:

When my customers are going through the checkout process, I would like to add an "confirm email" field, as it is possible to go through with an order with faulty mail addresses.

I completely understand as I see this issue frequently on Squarespace sites. Unfortunately, you cannot do anything about it! Squarespace have locked the checkout page to prevent anyone from adding code. 

There's not even a way for you to correct the email address after the order has been placed!

The only workaround I can suggest is to add a Custom Checkout Form where you prompt for the email address a second time. There isn't a way to compare this with the original email address, but at least you have a better chance of picking up an error.

I do suggest that you (and anyone else affected by this) raises this issue with Squarespace Customer Care using a support ticket. Nothing will happen quickly, but the more feedback they receive, the more likely something will be done about it.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.