Is there a way to edit all images at once?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Dear Squarespace family :)

I'm planning to edit images on my website https://www.swav.ie/ .. by editing I mean, either way add it or not into specific categories and tags. Is there a way to do it in one bulk session? manually entering each image takes a lot of time.. is there a panel of which I can see/edit/all images at once? and then click/unclick category/tag ..hmmm..

I will appreciate your reply big time!

Cheers from Ireland, Swav.

• Solution
2 hours ago, Swav said:

I'm planning to edit images on my website...into specific categories and tags. Is there a way to do it in one bulk session?

As your site is built on an older Squarespace 7.0 template called Forte (2013) you can tag and categorise images in Gallery Pages but you can only do this manually on an image by image basis.

On Squarespace 7.1 sites, tags and categories cannot be added to images. 

2 hours ago, Swav said:

is there a panel of which I can see/edit/all images at once?

The Asset Library panel in the Home menu shows all images and videos you've uploaded to your site, but you cannot manage tags and categories from within the Library. Also, if you edit an image, it makes a copy; it does not change the original image that is being used on your site.

I hope this helps.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

WOW..

Thanks for reply Paul.

All I can do is leave it as it is for now.. and find out which way to go next.. maybe wordpress? been asked a couple of questions about SEO, a friend of mine is web designer, but honestly

I don't like websites full of content, simple gallery to me is fine.. perhaps I won't be able to improve my rankings based on pictures only :)

Enjoy your coffee!

Cheers from Ireland, Swav.

If you can provide a few details about what you are trying to achieve by adding categories - in other words, your overall goal - there may be alternative or better ways to achieve it. I'll be happy to reply with options (if there are some 🙂).

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

I kept my website as a gallery/portfolio and never updated categories/tags/etc.. pictures were uploaded and automatically set with random number .../972nzblh2zocrys54sxydtgjt9v5yz [ image settings/options/image url: ] my links were also not helpful for google.. so my first approach was to change links into something that makes sense (with human in mind = description)

I'm wondering (if) I should spend some time.. and add categories/tags of pictures manually or just leave it as it is.. (if) no positive impact for google..

That's all.

Cheers!

PS There is a room for improvement within squarespace panel with extra options :)

The site is beautiful and exudes quality. If I wasn't two hours north of you, I'd hire you!

However, I worry that visitors won't find your site in a search for the services you offer. I don't think the lack of categories is a major issue but I would strongly recommend adding more written content that describes the services that you offer and includes the keywords that users will be searching for.

For example:

• add more to the About page that describes your services, including a specific "what we/I do" section
  • add more blog posts, one for each type of project you have worked on and the services you provided, like "We/I provided interior design services", "a Professional Painting service" and so on.