Newsletter Language

I use Weglot to translate my website. Is there a way I can also translate newsletters?

And how do I know what language the user speaks when they sign up for the newsletter? Is there a way to add a language field when signing up for the newsletter?

Thanks for your help!

• Replies 2
  • Views 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Mikala said:

I use Weglot to translate my website. Is there a way I can also translate newsletters?

Weglot is great for websites but it isn't currently possible to integrate it into email campaigns and translate them too. However, you can manually paste in a translation into a second email campaign.

6 hours ago, Mikala said:

And how do I know what language the user speaks when they sign up for the newsletter?

The Newsletter Block cannot provide this information automatically and it isn't possible to prompt for this information when they sign up either. However, this is a great question. To make a feature request for this, please contact Squarespace Customer Care using a support ticket.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...

Hi! I am just wondering if there has been any progress with being able to integrate weglot with campaigns? I have contacted Weglot a couple of times but I received mixed feedback, one person said they were working on this and then another said this was not in the pipeline.

The newsletter block does translate I have noticed, so the person can sign up from this in the  language they are browsing my site in. (I have English and French) But then the series of automated emails I have set up to go out when someone subscribes are in English and not translated to French

I am wondering, what is a good workaround suggestion for this? Should I create an extra-long email which includes both languages? I am a bit concerned about this as they are pretty long already!

Thankyou,
Jacqueline