Showing prices and paying in multiple currencies

I have a client who is doing conference events in Sydney, Singapore and London, and want the abilities for attendees to pay in local currencies.

Any experiences with this?

Anyone know if it is possible to have multiple currencies in SQSP ecommerce?

Are there any plugins to at least show individual shop entries in a specific currency? ( but process in one currency)

or does anyone know of an external ticketing payment solution? ( So i would not use SQSP ecommerce) and just set up purchase page listings that linked out to process.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

AB

1 hour ago, abicon said:

Anyone know if it is possible to have multiple currencies in SQSP ecommerce?

Are there any plugins to at least show individual shop entries in a specific currency? ( but process in one currency)

It is possible to show product prices in other currencies using an extension/plugin. Here are two of our products, one for each Squarespace version:

Currencies for Squarespace 7.1

Currency Extension for Squarespace 7.0 (Brine-family)

These extensions can help to make prices more understandable for international customers and give them confidence to go ahead with a purchase. Of course, you can't offer multiple currencies on the checkout page (Squarespace don't allow it 🥲) but when customers pay online, their bank or card issuer will automatically convert the transaction into their local currency.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Paul for the reply,

I read also that others created multiple shop sites in different currencies and duplicated the nav to make it as seamless as possible. cost more obviously

Currency display conversion i think has issues potentially.

It could just be confusing at checkout and probably not all that accurate as currencies can fluctuate and what they get charged in their bank account may not be same as the converted display.

external ticketing may be the best solution, as it handles refunds and all other admin issues.

Edited by abicon
grammar