What happened to template

There is no change template option in 7.1. In 7.1  each "template" is actually a design starting point. Using configuration style options, and a bit of work, any one of the 146 starting points can be made to look like any other. 7.0 could not do that due to the unique design options in each template, including those in the same family. There is no way to make Avenue look like Brine, for example, or you cannot make 7.0 Five look like 7.0 Wexley. With 7.1 the Five design is Vester and with a bit of tweaking, it can be made to look like 7.1's version of Wexley which is named Talva. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews

Also note that since there are many versions of Squarespace ( many that have gone ), you need to be aware that whatever tutorial you are following applies to the version of SS you are using. If it doesn't state the version that it is for, you should be suspect of its accuracy for whatever version you are using. This last bit applies to any product that has versions. Which is just about everything in our lives these days! 🙂

that have come and (many) gone,

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

7 hours ago, creedon said:

If it doesn't state the version that it is for, you should be suspect of its accuracy for whatever version you are using. This last bit applies to any product that has versions. Which is just about everything in our lives these days! 🙂

You've made a very good point here. This is something to keep in mind and be reminded of since it happens to me not to pay attention and waste time wondering why doesn't it work 😁