Regarding Google Business page...

Go to solution Solved by SEOSpace_Henry,

I'll be direct and to the point. I already have a business listing on, I think it's called Google My Business Page(the one with Google Maps). This I set up already, it's working-ish and I still need to learn it more. The other day I found on my website a portal to set up a Google My Business Page through Squarespace. I filled in all the info and was about to hit the last link to advise Google, and then I STOPPED. I thought, I have a page on GOOGLE already. Will this piss off Google?

Do I send it anyway? Will my info from Squarespace's portal 'marry up with Google...or cause me troubles?' Please advise and thank you.

• Replies 3
  • Views 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

Hi Harrison,
I don't believe Google will marry them up, so it's best not to risk it. I may be wrong, but hurting your already set-up account would shoot you in the foot.

Having two Google My Business pages will confuse Google as to which one to rank and confuse users as to which one they trust/leave reviews for/navigate.

I would recommend focussing on your existing page by getting more reviews and updating the information rather than adding a new one.

Happy to answer any more questions if needed, 

Henry Purchase

Founder of SEOSpace - the SEO plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co.uk/squarespace-seo-audit-score

image.png.f2cf8f5bd8cb76803cb561be0b303142.png