Rerouting QR code linked to URL with Capital Letters

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I recently had some labels made with QR codes that are supposed to link to my website but I didn't realize that squarespace only allows URLs with lowercase letters, and the QR codes were made using Capital letters.

Here's an example:

Capital (as it was in the spreadsheet):                                  
https://www.holmeswatercolors.com/authenticity/p/656A7949V73930YT

Lowercase (as I should have had it in the spreadsheet):        
https://www.holmeswatercolors.com/authenticity/p/656a7949v73930yt

I entered the 301 rerouting code under the advanced tab but it doesn't reroute when I scan the QR code.

If you scan the QR code you can see that it doesn't redirect. Is there a way to do this using the labels I already have created? Is there any way to manually code a Squarespace URL using capital letters?

Thanks!IMG-8693.thumb.JPG.490c409580ec360dcbc10b9c0d51e572.JPG

I recently had some labels made with QR codes that are supposed to link to my website but I didn't realize that squarespace only allows URLs with lowercase letters, and the QR codes were made using Capital letters.
I provided the company that made the labels with a spreadsheet of serial numbers to associate with the QR codes but I didn't realize that it would be a huge problem to have the letters in CAPS instead of lowercase. I am now unable to create the URL associated with the QR codes in squarespace so my labels are effectively useless, and they weren't cheap..

Here's an example:

Capital (as it was in the spreadsheet):                                  
https://www.holmeswatercolors.com/authenticity/p/656A7949V73930YT

Lowercase (as I should have had it in the spreadsheet):        
https://www.holmeswatercolors.com/authenticity/p/656a7949v73930yt

I entered the 301 rerouting code under the advanced tab but it doesn't reroute when I scan the QR code.

If you scan the QR code you can see that it doesn't redirect. Is there a way to do this using the labels I already have created? Is there any way to manually code a Squarespace URL using capital letters?

Thanks!

IMG-8693.JPG

33 minutes ago, holmeswatercolors said:

The redirect is not working. Please provide a screenshot of the URL mappings panel so we can see the instruction.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• Solution

The syntax is incorrect. It should look like this (you may need to scroll horizontally to see the full line of text below):

/authenticity/p/656A7949V73930YT -> /authenticity/p/656a7949v73930yt 301

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 10 months later...

I am having the same problem with my QR code having capital letters and the 301 redirect not seeming to work. Would you mind telling me what I am doing wrong?

QR code sends to treewell.com/LANDING

I am trying to redirect to treewell.com/landing

I tried the 301 redirect with www.treewell.com also and that didn't work either. Thanks!

Screenshot (208).png

Screenshot (211).png

The issue is the "/" before the URLs in your mappings. You only need:

/LANDING -> /landing 301

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️