So you can't switch template designs???

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

I'm in a trial account. I had watched YouTube videos by Squarespace and read help guides and they say you 'just click design, click template, change template' 

WTF. It's not there. I can't. 

Was reading some feedbacks, and people saying you have to sign a new account?? They're not templates, but layouts??

Anyhoo.. Squarespace this seems confusing af. Misleading. So will probably cancel the subscription. 

• Solution

SS has made things a bit confusing.

What most people think of as templates is generally a site with pages structured in different ways between the templates.

SS v7.0 has real templates.

SS v7.1, which you are probably using, only has one template. What SS calls templates in v7.1 is really just various color themes and some bits and bobs used as a starting point. In other words any v7.1, with enough work, can be made to look like any other v7.1 site.

When you read about switching templates that refers to v7.0 sites.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Cheers mate. Some feedback to Squarespace then. As a layman... your marketing/information/help guides are way off. Very confusing. I've used SS before maybe 4 years ago. And it was a lot easier. If you;'re changing how things are done now etc.. it's not conveyed well.  You spend ages looking for buttons, reading up on stuff, asking questions. I've wasted a day on this. 

By the way it is possible to create v7.0 sites. SS has buried creating older versions of SS sites because they want you to use the latest and greatest.

The downside to v7.0 site is that it is not going to get much in the way of attention from SS. SS does add new features to v7.0 occasionally. But those new features are ones that come from the most recent version of SS (currently v7.1) and could be easily made to work with older versions of SS.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.