Help with product purchase

Site URL: https://www.jpmicacchione.com/shop

I am having trouble with a function I am trying to have on my shop. I have already inserted the code that hides the price of the item but now I am trying to change the "Purchase" button to instead say "Inquire About Purchase" and when the customer selects that a form pops up that collects the user contact information and emails me the completed form. I do not want them to then be routed to the checkout page/cart portion of the site.... I want to complete the outreach myself. Is this something that can be done?

• Replies 2
  • Views 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This honestly sounds like you want a portfolio page with a form on each portfolio page rather than a shop for people to browse through and just inquire. The store process is designed for making purchasing simple and easy and it's not designed to not go through the purchase process

You could add a form to each store item and hide the purchase button with CSS, but that'll make your life difficult when you want to complete a purchase on the website, and the form button will end up below the image, so won't be as obvious to click on.

Sorry this doesn't give you the answer you were wanting, but I hope it helps in some other way!

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

13 hours ago, AbstractByJoe said:

I am trying to change the "Purchase" button to instead say "Inquire About Purchase" and when the customer selects that a form pops up that collects the user contact information and emails me the completed form.

That's exactly what the Product Enquiry Form extension does 🙂

Do get in touch if you have any questions.

baume-and-mille-enquiry-form.gif?format=1500w

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.