Bulk editing variants. Has it been added yet?

I love Squarespace, however, I had to leave and move to Spotify after we came to the end of our first season (clothing retailer) as there was no way to bulk edit prices on variants. 

When you have a say 4-500 products many of which have 6 sizes and a few colour ways, I NEED to be able to log into the product, and edit the price of all say 30 variants in one hit. 
Doing this 4-500 times takes long enough, doing it maybe 12,000 times is impossible. 

I know when I left in 2020 Squarespace said they would add this to the UI. 

I am about to relaunch my website and would like to come back, but I just want to make sure this has been done before I do? 

Many thanks, 

G

• Replies 5
  • Views 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

On 9/7/2022 at 4:57 PM, gizze said:

I love Squarespace, however, I had to leave...as there was no way to bulk edit prices on variants. I NEED to be able to log into the product, and edit the price of all say 30 variants in one hit. 

It will depend on what you mean by "bulk edit" 🙂. In Commerce > Inventory you'll see a tabular list of all your products, with each variant in a separate row. You can edit each of these directly from the list without drilling down into the Product Composer for each product. I have provided a quick screencast below but you may want to start a free trial and see the new UI for yourself.

image.thumb.gif.8ead239bdb1485f27ca894331131c4a7.gif

Note that there are no global search and replace tools, so you can't change all $26.99 prices to $29.99 for example, but if you want to make types of changes, you can export all the products to a CSV file, edit the prices in a Spreadsheet product and then import the updated list.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

4 minutes ago, gizze said:

I don't get why we can not adjust the the price of the main item, which in turn adjusts the price of all variants?

That's great feedback about the inventory panel. 

I recommend that you provide that feedback to the commerce product teams by getting in touch with Squarespace Customer Care 🙂

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.