User from India unable to load my website

Site URL: https://www.nokoriware.com

I wasn't quite sure which board to post this on, since there doesn't seem to be one for connectivity/network issues relating to Squarespace websites, so I felt this forum might be the closest approximation. That said - if there is a more fitting place for this thread, I would appreciate if a moderator moved this post to it. My apologies in advance for the trouble!

My company has a website that we've built with Squarespace, but we ran into an issue where a user in India is unable to load the website. I've included the error they get on Chrome when they try to connect to it. I had them test connecting using a VPN and they were able to get it loaded, and I wanted to hopefully try and find a solution on here if there is one. However the problem doesn't happen when he uses his mobile data as a hotspot.

To list off a summary of the problem:

• User is based in Karnataka, Southern India
  • He can't connect to any Squarespace website using his Apartment's wifi. That includes the actual squarespace.com address as well. I've included a screenshot of what it looks like when he tried to load the squarespace support website.
  • When using a VPN based in the Netherlands, he was able to connect to the website
  • When he changed to mobile data using his phone as a hotspot, he was also able to connect. It appears to only happen on his Apartment's wifi.
  • The same happens on his phone. If he tries to connect to the website on his phone while using his Apartment's wifi, it won't connect. But connects when he uses mobile data.
  • He doesn't know what ISP he uses specifically, just that it's one local to his region

I've attached screenshots of the errors it gives when he tries to connect via wifi.

I'm assuming this is a problem with his ISP and not squarespace, but I wanted to report the problem just in case there's an issue with the way I've configured my website.

Thank you for your time!

unknown (1).png

unknown.png

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm assuming this is a problem with his ISP and not squarespace

This does sound like somewhere along the line, starting from the user's wifi, a block may have been placed on Squarespace or IP addresses that SS uses.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 1 year later...

This just happened to me, and it's frustrating! All of a sudden! it has never been a problem before, but since yesterday it has been the same for me as Brasch describes it. It's working when using another WiFi or when sharing mobile data. But why? My WiFi has blocked access to www.sqspcdn.com, but why?