Customers Shipping Address won't change

Hi there! 

Customers are able to edit their saved shipping address, but this does not apply to future renewals of subscription products automatically. To change the subscription shipping address, customers must cancel the subscription and re-subscribe using different shipping details.

• 1 year later...
On 8/19/2022 at 8:30 PM, Birdie_SQSP said:

Hi there! 

Customers are able to edit their saved shipping address, but this does not apply to future renewals of subscription products automatically. To change the subscription shipping address, customers must cancel the subscription and re-subscribe using different shipping details.

Hi Birdie,

Is this still the case now? We've just encountered this problem for the first time with our recurring memberships, and if it is the case, this is going to cause us a real problem going forward. 

Am I also right in thinking that delivery costs can't be updated on subscriptions either? This will be a deal breaker for us if so.

Vickie

23 minutes ago, ResponsibleReptileKeeping said:

Is this still the case now?

@ResponsibleReptileKeeping Yes, this is still the case in January 2024. To change the shipping address for subscriptions, customers must cancel the subscription and resubscribe using different shipping details.

23 minutes ago, ResponsibleReptileKeeping said:

Am I also right in thinking that delivery costs can't be updated on subscriptions either?

Correct. Editing the price of a subscription product will only change if for subscriptions started after the price update. Current subscriptions will be unaffected by the price update. For example, if a customer purchases a subscription product for $10 per month, and you change the price to $15 per month, the customer’s subscription will continue to renew at $10 per month until they cancel.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.