Moving away from Squarespace, what should I know?

As much as I love Squarespace, the community, and the web designers I've come to learn from in building my website on the platform, I unfortunately need to leave Squarespace since I have a high-volume digital products shop, thus I need more advanced e-commerce features that Squarespace currently does not have. 

I have already begun the process of moving away from Squarespace, coding a new website on a different platform, having to move products manually since they are digital as well as blogs, and other information. However, I don't plan on moving absolutely everything over before I launch the new website. My question is, once I leave Squarespace, will I still be able to log back in and reference the old website to get information from. Simply exporting all the information from the old website to the new website, unfortunately, doesn't work because again, I am a digital products shop which Squarespace doesn't offer great support for. 

What else should I know in the process of leaving Squarespace in regards to what it will look like on the backend for me after transferring my domain?

• Replies 1
  • Views 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, kds_on_ss said:

What else should I know in the process of leaving Squarespace in regards to what it will look like on the backend for me after transferring my domain?

Disconnecting your primary domain from the Squarespace website will only affect visitor access. Whilst your website subscription is paid, you will have exactly the same access the 'backend'.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.