Storage limits?

• Replies 8
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, alwaysread said:

I am trying to upload more files and photos, but the button will not open to allow me to attach another file or photo.

To which type of block or section are you trying to add the photos? For example, gallery sections can hold up to 250 images.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 6 months later...
7 minutes ago, SendGroupSMS said:

maximum storage space?

If your question is what is the maximum storage of an SS site?

There is no hard answer. You'd need to give us much more detail as to your specific situation.

For example. Video storage is a quantifiable, I think, variable as SS publishes specs on that.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 2 months later...

There really ought to be a hard answer to the question of the maximum storage limit.  I don't want to invest in something only to find that it does not meet my requirements.  I have a Wix site and they were coy about that question too.  I never could find an answer and then one fine day they told me I had hit my limit, which turned out to be 500 MB when I had already uploaded something like 5 GB of images.  Now I'm stuck (and exploring options).

4 hours ago, jrdegan said:

There really ought to be a hard answer to the question of the maximum storage limit.

Unfortunately this issue is not unusual for any company that sells bandwidth or storage. It's a simple marketing issue. If they told you the truth ahead of time you'd continue to look around for a better plan and not buy theirs. And the truth is, there is no quantitatively better plan out there. No one is truly offering anything unlimited. The reality is that bandwidth and storage costs money. Lots of money! So the plans you see are based on the notion that many people are not going to push the limits and so it works out financially in the end. Those that do push the limits get the exceeded notice.

Now at times you do get a limit ahead of time. That could because of some technical/performance limits. Or, they want to manage your expectations/behaviour.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

1 hour ago, jrdegan said:

There really ought to be a hard answer to the question of the maximum storage limit.  I don't want to invest in something only to find that it does not meet my requirements. 

@jrdegan Squarespace doesn't have a "maximum storage limit" in the way that you describe (in megabytes or gigabytes) but there are some other limits, and these are described in the document that @creedon linked above. On Squarespace 7.1, these include:

• Pages - No more than 400 pages recommended. The official limit is 1000, but if you have more than 400, content will load slowly.
  • Events pages - Up to 350 events per month
  • Fluid Engine sections - Up to 1000 grid rows
  • Gallery sections - Up to 250 images
  • Layout pages - No more than 60 blocks per page recommended
  • Page sections - No more than 20 sections per page recommended
  • Portfolio pages - Up to 60 sub-pages
  • Project pages (within Portfolio pages) - No more than 60 blocks per project page recommended
  • Store pages - Up to 10,000 products per site

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 10 months later...
2 hours ago, Shanice said:

Does it mean that blogs have no limits on how many photos can be posted in blog posts? And how many photos can be stored in Squarespace for it to be shown in the blog posts.

@Shanice There are no official limits for this, but you'll want to limit the number of images in each blog post to prevent content loading or saving too slowly.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️