Category page headlines don't link to post, but the date does

Site URL: https://news.smu.ca/news/category/Community

As I'm sure most of you are aware, there are dynamic category pages generated automatically for every category. These pages feature a list of all the category posts with their full content. I used CSS to remove all the content but the headline and the date and let users link through to the full post by clicking the headline.

I almost positive that until recently the headlines for those posts linked to the individual post pages. Now they don't, but weirdly the date links to the individual posts.

Anybody else run into this? I've had to revert to showing all the content for each post on the category pages, but I don't like it.

Community-—-News-SMU-News-and-Events.png

• Replies 1
  • Views 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your code must being doing this, it is not normal behavior for blog listing pages or blog summary blocks. I don't display the date on my posts or the category, but the image, headline and read more all link. to the post from a summary block, from the listing (and my template only displays posts as a list) the headline and read more link both go to the post. The Bedford family of templates is very similar to the Avenue template that I use. The beford demo, the date and headling both link to the post. 

Bedford blog page guide

Blog Pages

Bedford blog pages display as a list of vertically-stacked posts.

On the landing page:

• A "Read More" link appears under posts with excerpts. The text and arrow in this link follow the Page text font and Page link color style tweaks.
  • The full content of individual posts displays under the title for posts without excerpts.

On individual posts:

• The feature image displays as a banner when you view an individual blog post at its direct URL.
  • Tags, source URLs, comments, shares, and likes always display below the post.
  • Categories always display above the post.
  • Navigation for previous and next posts displays below the comments.

Style blog pages in the Blog section of site styles:

• Use Meta priority to select what metadata (date, categories, or author name) displays above the post content on the landing page.
  • Uncheck Hide list entry footer to display tags, the source URL, comments, shares, and likes below post on the landing page.
  • To center post titles and metadata on the landing page, check Center entry title & meta.
  • Display or hide blog authors from both the landing page and individual posts with Hide entry author. This tweak won’t appear if Meta priority: author is selected.

You have a bit more control using blog summary blocks than the blog itself. Layout is flexible, category filtering and featured post filtering without displaying the cat or any other meta data actually. And the item design is very flexible using code. That is why I use them. 

my random views

Edited by derricksrandomviews