Domain Name Change

Site URL: https://www.everallurejewelry.com/

Hi everyone

Is there any way that I can change the domain name without having to get a new domain?  When registering my company a problem came up with the name an I had to change the spelling from Everallure Jewelry to Everallure Jewellery.  The spelling only needs to be changed in the word Jewellery??  Please help. Can anyone assist??

The only way you can change to a new domain name is to acquire a domain name you do not have.

If you can acquire it then you can apply it do your SS site. If not you can not force someone else out of the domain, they own it. Well, unless you're ready for an expensive legal battle and have some kind of cause.

Also be aware that if you've built up a presence in search engines there are concerns about switching.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

12 minutes ago, EverA said:

Is there any way that I can change the domain name without having to get a new domain? 

See my reply here:

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thank you for the reply.

I will have to get a new domain in that case unfortunately.  How can I duplicate the website I have created?  Because I only need a new domain.  The website is almost completed (so I don't want to start from scratch).

Kind Regards

10 minutes ago, EverA said:

I will have to get a new domain in that case unfortunately.  How can I duplicate the website?

You don’t need to duplicate the website. You can use the one you have already created by purchasing a new domain and adding it to the site. Take a look in Settings > Domains

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 month later...

Hi Paul.  I have a follow up question.  If I transfer my current domain to the new one and I deselect auto-renew on the original site, will the new domain keep on working when the original one does not renew?

Hope my question makes sense.

Kind regards

Christel

39 minutes ago, EverA said:

If I transfer my current domain to the new one and I deselect auto-renew on the original site, will the new domain keep on working when the original one does not renew?

I'm not sure I understand your question, so please post back if I've misunderstood.

To add your new domain to the site you have built, go to the domains panel of the site - the URL is https://everallurejewellery.squarespace.com/config/settings/domains in your case.

In the domain panel, connect the new domain you have purchased (everallurejewellery.com) and then set the new domain as your primary domain so that visitors to the old domain are automatically sent to the new one.

You can de-select auto-renew for your old domain (everallurejewelry.com) to prevent this renewing.