Need Help making affiliate images larger

On 5/9/2022 at 7:14 PM, cristalina said:

Needing help making my affiliate images larger.

I don't see any images 🤔

image.thumb.png.c40431fe5d9081d169b94399e32eaf39.png

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...

How do I know if I'm using adblock plus or a similar extension? Where can i check?  I use my cellphone and laptop to pull up the website and I can see the images. I'm confused as to why you can't see the image. 😞

***edit** I've just checked my browser and I don't have any extensions that I'm using***

Edited by cristalina
4 hours ago, cristalina said:

How do I know if I'm using adblock plus or a similar extension? Where can i check?  I use my cellphone and laptop to pull up the website and I can see the images. I'm confused as to why you can't see the image. 😞

***edit** I've just checked my browser and I don't have any extensions that I'm using***

Some affiliate images are blocked by ad blocking extensions. If users use them, they won't see aff images, like me.

Also I don't see a way to increase the image size. Did you try checking at Amazon, when you get the link, to see if they provide an option for that?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

13 hours ago, cristalina said:

I'm confused as to why you can't see the image.

The issue is that these "images" aren't just images. You have used code to add images that are wrapped up within advertising code that is designed to track users.

Anyone with a privacy tool (an "ad blocker") will not see the images at all because they will be considered "Amazon advertising" and will be blocked. Some browsers may have this built in.

The workaround is to replace these Code Blocks with standard images in Image Blocks. You will be able size these to meet your needs, and you can add your affiliate link to the Image Block so that when clicked/tapped, it sends users to Amazon.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.