Image gallery presentation/filtering

Site URL: https://www.filmmining101.com/hall-of-fame/beautiful-shots

Hello all,

I am have been creative problems in my website! I have added a page called "hall of fame" where if you click any of pictures, it will open up into a page. One of these 'pictures' is called beautiful shots. Once in there you can see that I have added a gallery with lots of images. 

I was wondering is there a way to filter these pictures for display? Like adding at the top a filter that will display only shots from films of the 90's, 00s, or based on the director. I think this is perhaps not possible as we just upload the images in the gallery and besides the title, description and alt title, there is not much that can be used for indexing!

Hence my query. If this is not possible any potential ideas for having a nice gallery for display? Obviously, I will keep adding a lot of pictures which considering how the layout is when you upload, it will be unmanageable!

Any help would be extremely appreciated!

Hi,

You can achieve with Universal Filter Plugin, it supports Gallery Section (a bit expensive)

An another approach is Create multiple pages, one for each category: 90's, 00... Then add a text link list to the top of the gallery. When clicking on each text link, it will go to the page containing the corresponding gallery.

(The answer contains an affiliate link, which means I will receive a small commission if you click and buy the plugin according to the link above.)

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Thank you for your response. I have purchased the universal plugin but I am not sure as to how I can use it for a gallery like the one in my page. I suspect I have to change the names of the plugin to refer to the gallery but I am a total noob and I am not sure how to do that!

3 hours ago, sladewilson871 said:

Thank you for your response. I have purchased the universal plugin but I am not sure as to how I can use it for a gallery like the one in my page. I suspect I have to change the names of the plugin to refer to the gallery but I am a total noob and I am not sure how to do that!

You can share link to page where you want to use plugin, we can check easier

Or send to forum message

On 5/11/2022 at 2:05 PM, sladewilson871 said:

Because of paid plugin. I sent you a private message

I did a quick demo here: https://thung.squarespace.com/gallery-section-filter?noredirect

Pass: abc

Let me know if you have any other problems.

Edited by tuanphan

Or send to forum message

• 7 months later...

Just found this topic with your Solution @tuanphan

Think that's what I'm looking for. You created this filter in your example above with the universalfilter-plugin?

Question: Is this filtering possible using the Strings of my galleries at: https://www.mahlersilvan.ch/projekte like Reportage, Sport, Ausstellung, ...? (condition: always using the correct string in the Textfields)

thanks for your answer.

best regards.

Eingefügtes_Bild_08_01_23__16_59.png

Edited by mahlersilvan
On 1/8/2023 at 11:16 PM, mahlersilvan said:

Just found this topic with your Solution @tuanphan

Think that's what I'm looking for. You created this filter in your example above with the universalfilter-plugin?

Question: Is this filtering possible using the Strings of my galleries at: https://www.mahlersilvan.ch/projekte like Reportage, Sport, Ausstellung, ...? (condition: always using the correct string in the Textfields)

thanks for your answer.

best regards.

Eingefügtes_Bild_08_01_23__16_59.png

HI,

yes. I used Universal Filter Plugin. 

Filter links: I added some keyword into Image Description

image.png.f7cf9b522fee5d280d878acfab8f1f49.png

Or send to forum message