Change the color of font on form

Go to solution Solved by WendyLW,

Site URL: https://aardvark-chrysalis-jbhs.squarespace.com/

I can't seem to figure out how to change the font color which is currently white on my form. The words display; "name", "email", "subject", etc. but I don't want a red background to make them display. I need a white background but of course makes the letters disappear. I tried using "inspect" to pinpoint those words but that didn't help. I don't know how to use custom CSS on Squarespace but know enough HTML and CSS to figure that out once I know where I add the custom CSS. Thanks. 

temp1.JPG

temp2.JPG

• Replies 3
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

Hi there! you prolly already found info for this! To change font color on a form. Go to Design>Site Styles>Colors. Determine your theme the form is in, for example Lightest 1, then within color settings for Theme: Lightest 1, scroll down til you get to the form block settings. You have 7 choices there in your form block in site styles. To change "name"-you would change color for "title color". You can choose from your palette or select a custom color. (Go to coolors.co to find the hex code you want or use the eyedropper in dev tool)

yay! Thank you! So I had to type in "colors" in the search bar because I didn't see it in the listing. I was actually excited about looking more into the custom CSS feature and have played around with it and managed to change the color of something with help from "Inspect" but then the color didn't stay so I don't know if that feature is buggy or it's just me. 

temp.JPG

• 11 months later...