Adding a block to events page?

Site URL: https://www.rfov.org/calendar

Is it possible to add a block to the top of an events page between the banner and the events list? In the attached screenshot, I would like to add a block between the group photo and the calendar event "Training: Crew Leader Training". If it requires Javascript or custom CSS, how can I use those to add a block in that spot?

Screenshot 2022-03-22 134524.png

• Replies 4
  • Views 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps I've misunderstood your question, but I think might have a simple solution.

You can edit the page, by navigating to the page and clicking 'Edit' which will appear in the top left corner of the Event page when you mouse over it (see image below). That will like you edit the banner and then you can click at the blue (+) button under the banner picture and add any block that you want.

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 6.51.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 6.54.17 PM.png

Older Squarespace 7.0 sites like this Bedford family one don't support sections and so it isn't possible to simply insert some blocks on an Events page.

Instead, you can create a new page, add your header and the block(s) you want to use, and them add a Summary Block. The Summary Block can then be linked to the Events page content so that it displays the content in a similar way (List mode).

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 years later...
On 3/22/2022 at 7:47 PM, gcra said:

Site URL: https://www.rfov.org/calendar

Is it possible to add a block to the top of an events page between the banner and the events list? In the attached screenshot, I would like to add a block between the group photo and the calendar event "Training: Crew Leader Training". If it requires Javascript or custom CSS, how can I use those to add a block in that spot?

Screenshot 2022-03-22 134524.png

On 3/22/2022 at 10:54 PM, dzak said:

Perhaps I've misunderstood your question, but I think might have a simple solution.

You can edit the page, by navigating to the page and clicking 'Edit' which will appear in the top left corner of the Event page when you mouse over it (see image below). That will like you edit the banner and then you can click at the blue (+) button under the banner picture and add any block that you want.

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 6.51.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 6.54.17 PM.png

Hi, 

Similar question-yes, I was able to add blocks to the top of the event listing, as shown in this picture. 
However I was looking to add image blocks at the end, between the event listing and footer. 

Please let me know if this is possible or if there's css for this. 

Thank you very much.