Need to display inventory variants as calendar view

I'm using the variants of a product as time slots for experience-based sales. Instead of a drop-down, I'd like to show something like a calendar or at least a grid of day/time slots for selection. I'm a veteran developer but new to SS.

What options do I have?

I'd recommend finding a date/time widget that you can attach a callback to so that when a date/time is selected the callback can manipulate the underlying structures for the select menu(s).

I have found that easier than trying to rebuild the select menu in some way. The connection between the SS code and the menu(s) is easily broken. Just hide the variant(s) and use the widget for the interface.

If you find a good widget please let us know. Others may be able to use it.

A note about the product detail page. If you are using v7.1 and one of the new product layout styles some of those layouts have duplicated details which are hidden/shown depending on viewport size. So your code needs to take that into account.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.