Automatically adding a related product to cart when another product is added

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I'm setting up a store that has both services (offered on a subscription basis) and products. Some of the products need to be purchased in conjunction with other products and some services are required for some products. Some examples:

• If you add a tablet to your cart, you need to purchase a monthly subscription in addition to the price of the tablet
  • Certain accessories can only purchased with a tablet. So if you don't already have a tablet in your cart one would need to be added with the accessory.

Is there any way to do this?

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Solution
15 hours ago, dglenn said:

I'm setting up a store that has both [subscriptions] and products. Some [subscriptions] are required for some products. If you add a tablet to your cart, you need to purchase a monthly subscription in addition to the price of the tablet.

You cannot achieve this on Squarespace. Customers must checkout standard products separately from subscription products. When a customer clicks Subscribe, they’re taken to a special express checkout where they will need to confirm and pay for a single subscription product - on its own. They cannot have other products in their cart. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I would like to allow a customer to add a product to their cart without being redirected to the checkout page. I would like them to stay on the same page.

A bonus would be to have them add a product to their cart and be redirected to a different page that I choose. 

The business case is that I need customers to buy an initial, one time service product, and then subscribe to an ongoing service product.  I have created a "step 1 of 2" page with the subscription product and a button that leads to a "step 2" page with the initial set up product. The problem is that when a customer adds the subscription product to their cart they are redirected to checkout and I want them to go to the second page. 

9FEDE856-7845-423D-A343-66F2E4EAD069.jpeg

Edited by NTL
4 hours ago, NTL said:

I would like to allow a customer to add a [subscription] product to their cart without being redirected to the checkout page.

As explained above, this isn’t possible on Squarespace right now. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...

Has any changes been made to this functions. I want customers to be able to subscribe to multiple subscriptions. Example I have a 3 coffee a month subscriptions and then a 2 coffee month subscription.  This way they could do 5 coffees a month.

Because I do this using variants I could uses a 5 variant with the default variant being none but I do not see a way to have a default variant