Checkout page

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://www.diegoalary.com/

hello, i have a big problem on a site i have to upload tomorrow for a client. he pulls out his cookbook and I created his site on squarespace www.diegoalary.com / password: okokokok.  it's a very simple site with an express checkout.  the problem is that when the customer clicks on "pre-order" and he lands on the checkout page, in the summary of the order he is shown a shipping price when he has not even entered his  address.  This is a big deal for my client who has fans all over the world and doesn't want those clients to see a wrong price on their delivery summary and have that delivery price increase in the next step.  how can I hide this wrong price before the customer enters their real address?

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-26 at 12.11.00.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2021 at 7:04 PM, lequipecreative said:

Site URL: https://www.diegoalary.com/

hello, i have a big problem on a site i have to upload tomorrow for a client. he pulls out his cookbook and I created his site on squarespace www.diegoalary.com / password: okokokok.  it's a very simple site with an express checkout.  the problem is that when the customer clicks on "pre-order" and he lands on the checkout page, in the summary of the order he is shown a shipping price when he has not even entered his  address.  This is a big deal for my client who has fans all over the world and doesn't want those clients to see a wrong price on their delivery summary and have that delivery price increase in the next step.  how can I hide this wrong price before the customer enters their real address?

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-26 at 12.11.00.jpeg

We can not edit the checkout page using custom code

Greeting, it's BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Keyword Highlighter
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

• Solution
On 10/26/2021 at 1:04 PM, lequipecreative said:

In the summary of the order [the customer] is shown a shipping price when he has not even entered his address.  My client...doesn't want...that delivery price increase in the next step. How can I hide this wrong price before the customer enters their real address?

The initial shipping cost is based on the 'Default Country in Address Fields' that is set in Commerce > Checkout. It isn't possible to prevent the initial shipping cost from being shown on the checkout view before the customer enters their address.

default-country-checkout-settings.thumb.png.fb6e5e5b9f445d509012ab28127776d7.png

However, I agree that this is far from ideal! It would be a much better experience if this was shown as "Calculé à l'étape suivante" or "Calculated in the next step".

If this is an issue for anyone else reading this, I recommend logging a feature request via Customer Care. This will help Squarespace to understand how many users are affected.

In the meantime, I see you have chosen to use a Shopify Buy Button instead, as this platform doesn't have the same issue. 🙂

Edited by paul2009
Added screenshot

Improve your online store with our extensions.
About: Squarespace Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, appreciation and great design ♥.
Work: Squarespace Developer and founder of SF Digital, building the features Squarespace didn't include™.
Content: Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

Buy me a coffee