Is it possible to add html tags like "strong" or "span" to content title inside sections?

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

• Replies 2
  • Views 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

It is a common security practice to encode user input fields to not allow the direct input of HTML where it is not expected or might cause issues.

There is no setting to turn off the encoding.

You may be able to achieve this effect with Javascript. But without being able to see a page or a description of how you want to alter text , it is hard to help.

To use Javascript you would need the business plan or above.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

I would like to put something like this into the title:

This is my <span>headline</span>

to style the word inside the span tag. Or to add some fontawesome icons with this:

<span class="iconContent"><i class="fa fa-check fa-2x"></i>Additional content with prefixed icon</span>

I suspected it was the security settings, but was hoping I could turn that off somewhere or enable some specific tags as even in the content field only tags are allowed which are enabled through the rich text editor.

Javascript isn't a solution as it might work only somewhat delayed.