How do I change the point of interaction on a custom cursor?

Site URL: https://liampietraszewski.squarespace.com

Hey all! I made a new cursor (image attached) and I'm quite happy with how it looks. The problem is the point of interactivity is in the pinky; I'd like it to be at the tip of the pencil. I'm just wondering how to shift or select the part of the cursor that interacts with the website.

ALSO not to ask for too much, but I was considering having the cursor change ever so slightly upon hovering over a site link (ie. hand tilts slightly counter clockwise and the pinky tucks in to mimic a hand ready to write) and I'm wondering if this will change the answer to my first question.  Thanks!

P.S. To access my website, my password is: grandpashoes44

cursor.png

12 hours ago, liampetro said:

Site URL: https://liampietraszewski.squarespace.com

Hey all! I made a new cursor (image attached) and I'm quite happy with how it looks. The problem is the point of interactivity is in the pinky; I'd like it to be at the tip of the pencil. I'm just wondering how to shift or select the part of the cursor that interacts with the website.

ALSO not to ask for too much, but I was considering having the cursor change ever so slightly upon hovering over a site link (ie. hand tilts slightly counter clockwise and the pinky tucks in to mimic a hand ready to write) and I'm wondering if this will change the answer to my first question.  Thanks!

P.S. To access my website, my password is: grandpashoes44

cursor.png

So you mean the pointer position is not correctly display right?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

13 hours ago, bangank36 said:

Yes! There is probably a more technical or more descriptive way for me to explain my issue, but it really comes down to shifting "pointer position" to the tip of the pencil.

Just like in a standard mouse pointer, the only part of the cursor that can interact with a website is the very tip of the pointer. Does that clear things up?

On 9/30/2021 at 11:46 AM, liampetro said:

Yes! There is probably a more technical or more descriptive way for me to explain my issue, but it really comes down to shifting "pointer position" to the tip of the pencil.

Just like in a standard mouse pointer, the only part of the cursor that can interact with a website is the very tip of the pointer. Does that clear things up?

Apologies. This is the last time this will be happening. I've been in the middle of transferring an  old domain to squarespace. Here's the new domain:

www.liampietraszewski.com

On 9/29/2021 at 10:25 PM, bangank36 said:

Hey just thought I'd check in again here. Just to refresh your memory, I'm just looking to change the interactive part of the cursor from the upper most part to the very bottom.

the password is grandpashoes44