AMP Page is Invalid: Disallowed attribute...HELP!

Site URL: https://www.mymichiganbeach.com

Hi! 

Am running into a problem when I add internal links on a blog page. After the goes live, I inspect the page on Google Search Console and end up wit and error message reading "... Disallowed attribute or attribute value  present in HTML tag." (See the attached screen shot of error message below.) When I remove the link, this error disappears. This means I am unable to link internally to my other pages. Can anyone please help me fix this? 

Thanks! 

Screenshot (218).png

• 2 weeks later...

Please Contact Customer Support.

The AMP page is not changeable. Although the error shows up in regards to AMP pages the issue appears to be that the RTE (rich text editor) has a bug in it that is adding target attributes to links with no values.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 1 month later...

I'm also having this issue. It doesn't happen for all internal links, however. I will contact customer support.

Update: here's the response from customer support:

After some investigation it seems that this is related to a known bug on our end that is causing validation errors when testing blog posts within Google Search Console, if there is a link present in the body of the post.

We’ve noted this for our Design and Engineering teams to review, and they’ll use this feedback when implementing fixes and improvements in future releases.

Please keep in mind that there are many moving parts we need to address before any changes are made, and we can't guarantee changes to this behavior in the immediate future. That said, all feedback is reviewed and your continued input is always encouraged. If you come across any other unusual behavior in the future, please let us know.

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2021 at 11:32 PM, Naomi_ said:

I'm also having this issue. It doesn't happen for all internal links, however. I will contact customer support.

Update: here's the response from customer support:

Thanks for letting us know! Do any of you know if there is anything I should do in the meantime? Like removing the AMP or internal links? Or should I just let it pass and hope squarepsace fixes it asap? 

• 2 weeks later...

I ran into this issue also, thankfully only on 3 blog posts. I took the offending links out and put them back in again (in some cases setting them to open in a new window if they didn't already, and vice versa) and that seems to have placated Google for the time being. Clearly that's a band aid, not a solution. Frustrating and flaky!

I contacted support and got back the familiar reply -

"I can confirm this is related to an issue on our end. We’ve reported this to our Engineering team, and have noted your ticket, they’re currently prioritizing the issue. Please keep in mind that there are many moving parts we need to address before we roll out a solution. We thoroughly test all fixes before they’re released." and so on.

• 1 year later...

I think I solved this problem for me. 

I noticed only the full internal links are giving me this error (like - https://aboutphotography.blog/photographer/annie-leibovitz)

and no other links outside of my blog. So I thought I would use bit.ly to hide my links, which worked but then it gave google wrong information and there are no search benefits. 

Instead I used shorter part of the link when internally linking (like /photographer/annie-leibovitz) and it just worked. I requested reindexing and all my errors are gone. I hope it helps 🙂