My site header is missing across all pages

Hello,

I have set up a website and when trying to make the footer hidden I appear to have disabled the header of the whole site.
I used a code snippet which I inserted into a code block. I can't seem to locate this code block to delete the change I have made.
The page that the code block was situated on has now been deleted in an attempt to reverse the damage but the site header still is not shown.
When the images on the site load, the header does appear momentarily but then it disappears.

Please could someone advise me on what to do next?

Thank you in advance 

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're probably looking for a css rule that does something like this:

<style>
  header { display:none !important }
  footer { display:none !important }
</style>

There are a few places that code can be added, so check all these:

• Settings > Advanced > Code Injection
  • Design > Custom CSS
  • Pages > For each page, click the Settings (Cog) Icon next to its name > Advanced
    • (if it's happening for every page, it's probably not in one of these)

It could also be in a code block, which - if it was to hide the footer and you put it in the footer - might be hiding itself. To make it possible to find that, then you need to open your configuration in "safe" mode which will stop scripts running in the designer.

• in the address bar of your browser, add "safe" to the config url, and hit enter
  • you should see a bar at the bottom that said Scripts have been disabled. hopefully your header will appear again and you can look for a code block either in the header or the footer. If you delete the code block the rule will be deleted

Let us know how you get on.

Dave Hart. Software/Technology Consultant living in London. buymeacoffee 

Many many thanks for the help. 
This has worked perfectly.

It appears the rogue code block was within the hidden footer.

Now I'm back to the original issue of knowing how to disable the footer site wide, albeit a little bit more experienced now.

Thanks again, much appreciated!

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm having the same issue but I do not see any code that resembles the one above. I am looking at custom css and code injection. When I use the safe configuration the header and footer reappear. So where is that pesky code?

On 2/24/2024 at 12:28 AM, drdon23 said:

I'm having the same issue but I do not see any code that resembles the one above. I am looking at custom css and code injection. When I use the safe configuration the header and footer reappear. So where is that pesky code?

What is your site url? We can check problem easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)