Folders Not Appearing in Navigation Menu

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

Site URL: http://mathswithbelle.co.uk

All items in my navigation menu display properly except for Folders. I have tried to place folders in both the Primary and Secondary navigation menus and neither of them display the folder with the drop down menu like it should. This used to work on the site before but now has suddenly stopped working. When I add the folder to the Navigation menu, all the other items in the menu displace to accommodate the new folder, however there is no button for the folder in the menu. This bug happens on both mobile and desktop.

On 9/9/2021 at 8:57 PM, bellecottingham said:

Site URL: http://mathswithbelle.co.uk

All items in my navigation menu display properly except for Folders. I have tried to place folders in both the Primary and Secondary navigation menus and neither of them display the folder with the drop down menu like it should. This used to work on the site before but now has suddenly stopped working. When I add the folder to the Navigation menu, all the other items in the menu displace to accommodate the new folder, however there is no button for the folder in the menu. This bug happens on both mobile and desktop.

Hi,

Can you add a quick video when you add folder in Pages > Main Navigation? We can check easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Is the non-showing test menu in the navigation now? If not, could you put it in? That way we might be able to see if it is a rendering issue or perhaps the backend is not actually putting the menu in place to be rendered.

I just tried to repeat your steps on my test site and it worked for me. So whatever is going on isn't a generalized problem.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

On 9/12/2021 at 9:30 PM, creedon said:

Is the non-showing test menu in the navigation now? If not, could you put it in? That way we might be able to see if it is a rendering issue or perhaps the backend is not actually putting the menu in place to be rendered.

I just tried to repeat your steps on my test site and it worked for me. So whatever is going on isn't a generalized problem.

Hi, I've just added it back into the secondary navigation menu now, so  you can test it out. 

• Solution

The following line in Design > Custom CSS is hiding the folder. Remove it.

span.Header-nav-item.Header-nav-item--folder,button.Mobile-overlay-nav-item--folder {
    visibility: hidden
}

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 7 months later...
8 hours ago, stepintoaction said:

We're having the same issues but I can't find that line in Design > Custom CSS.

The line wouldn't be there unless it was added by someone with editing access to the site earlier.

Every time when creating a folder, it does not show in the navigation menu. 

When you are creating these folders are you clicking the plus icon by Main Navigation?

1270016209_ScreenShot2022-05-11at11_47_30AM.png.6c53872785e58edc0b13f2f3624b14df.png

• 1 year later...

We are also having the same issue. The navigation menu does not provide an option for folder. We have the 7.1 version of squarespace. 

On 5/11/2022 at 5:34 AM, stepintoaction said:

We're having the same issues but I can't find that line in Design > Custom CSS. I also tried the other steps that were mentioned and it's still not working. 

Every time when creating a folder, it does not show in the navigation menu. 

5 hours ago, 123422 said:

The navigation menu does not provide an option for folder. We have the 7.1 version of squarespace. 

Squarespace changed the name of Folder to Dropdown.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2024 at 6:57 PM, creedon said:

As I understand it the only thing that changed was the name, from Folder to Dropdown.

Not really.  The header reads services (which is the what the dropdown is called. it in itself isn't a page or doesn't reference the first page as a click) which if clicked should go to that page. its silly to see service and then services underneath it.  

I want the link in the header to go straight to the service page if clicked but also have a drop down to go to each individual service page if need be. 

I hope that made sense. lol