SEO : Not matching with Google Search

Site URL: https://www.westendwellness.ca/

Hi, 

Not sure what the problem is but the SEO text I input on the site is not what comes up on Google search. I have been patient, under the impression Google needed time to crawl the site, but this has been still the same for the past 5 months!

I have included, images to show the difference and what appears. I was wondering if i have to have done something else.

I did outsource the job of setting up the website to another, and they did inject code into the advanced section ( i have included an image of the code in the attachments) which maybe that is what is overriding the SEO element. BUT, I don't know if that is the case, but if it was and i was to remove it, will it effect my ranking on google. 

Anyone who has experience in this, please share tips or advice.

Thank you,

Mak

rmt-downtown-vancouver-Google-Search.png

RMT-Downtown-Vancouver-Book-Now-West-End-Wellness.png

RMT-Downtown-Vancouver-Book-Now-West-End-Wellness (1).png

acupuncture-downtown-vancouver-Google-Search.png

RMT-Downtown-Vancouver-Book-Now-West-End-Wellness.jpg

Hello Mak! The code that is injected is fine and isn't overriding the page titles/meta descriptions. That code is called structured markup (or schema) that helps search engines understand specific things, in this case, information about your business.

I did a quick scan of your site and actually the site is set-up and displaying the page title and meta descriptions as you want them. However, what you are seeing is the new way that Google works. They are using artificial intelligence now to re-write page titles and meta descriptions based on what they think the searcher is looking for, rather than what you want them to see. And yes, this is super frustrating when you have a specific way you want it to look and read. So it's nothing you're doing wrong, it's just how Google is now doing things and at the moment there doesn't appear to be many ways around this.

Edited for punctuation.

Edited by modsquare
  • 1 month later...

Hi there. With boilerplate titles across all pages you are basically asking Google to do a rewrite. If you differentiate by page and do it correctly (unique, concise, descriptive, etc), then more than likely they will choose your preferred version. 

https://developers.google.com/search/docs/advanced/appearance/title-link

Edited by ChristineDarby

Have SEO questions? Chances are we've written about it! Try a quick Google search to find our advice. Or for personalized support, see our consulting and training sessions.  Official Squarespace Experts since 2014