Make Text in Section Sticky While Rest of Text Scrolls Until The Next Section

Site URL: https://beeline-consulting.squarespace.com/organisational-design

Hi all- Thanks in advance for your help🙏.  I am trying to work out how to make my title text sticky in a section.

On this particular page, I would like the title text that says "Company Vision & Core Values" (in the Section= section[data-section-id="610b6b55c690502bba666c4a"]) to stay fixed at the top while the rest of the text in that section scrolls. I want to make sure that the title text has the same background color as the section so that the scrolling text is readable and then disappears once it reaches the title text (as opposed to getting overlayed on the title text). 

Then once you get to the bottom of that section, you just keep scrolling to the next section (and the "Company Vision & Core Values" title text is no longer fixed). 

The title text I am trying to make sticky is highlighted in the red box in the screenshot.  It's safe to say I have really no clue what I am doing here so I appreciate it being explained as elementary as possible! Thanks.

password= helpmeplease

Thank you!

Image 5-8-21 at 9.31 pm.jpg

Edited by Beeline
On 8/5/2021 at 6:55 PM, Beeline said:

Site URL: https://beeline-consulting.squarespace.com/organisational-design

Hi all- Thanks in advance for your help🙏.  I am trying to work out how to make my title text sticky in a section.

On this particular page, I would like the title text that says "Company Vision & Core Values" (in the Section= section[data-section-id="610b6b55c690502bba666c4a"]) to stay fixed at the top while the rest of the text in that section scrolls. I want to make sure that the title text has the same background color as the section so that the scrolling text is readable and then disappears once it reaches the title text (as opposed to getting overlayed on the title text). 

Then once you get to the bottom of that section, you just keep scrolling to the next section (and the "Company Vision & Core Values" title text is no longer fixed). 

The title text I am trying to make sticky is highlighted in the red box in the screenshot.  It's safe to say I have really no clue what I am doing here so I appreciate it being explained as elementary as possible! Thanks.

password= helpmeplease

Thank you!

Image 5-8-21 at 9.31 pm.jpg

I suggest you split the heading into it own seperate text block, so on your page h1 and the h3 below can be on different text block.

Look how it display here

image.thumb.png.e2d7d5452452cdedd972719ce96b4c85.png

The code for the block, note that id can be extracted using this

#block-2e30026b2edaf7cb12e9 {
  position: sticky;
  top: 100px
}

Chrome Web Store - Extensions (google.com)

Notice 2 block has been seperated here

image.png.1324a045feda92ed51bbb021dffd3f31.png

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

PS: You can use javascript plugin as well, if you are familiar

Sticky Plugin (stickyjs.com)

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

hi there- thanks for the response. I separated the "Company Vision & Core Values" and "For: C-Suite | HR Leaders" into 2 different text blocks. I tried inserting this: 

#block-2e30026b2edaf7cb12e9 { position: sticky; top: 100px }

into the Custom CSS and nothing happened. Please advise. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Solved- this is what I ended up using in the Custom CSS

-Change #YOUR BLOCK ID for your actual block id

-Change the background color (#f6f2ea) to the existing background color of of the section (that way you don't get text on text when scrolling)

//Change Text Block Background Color and Make Text Block Sticky Text
//change text block background color
#YOUR BLOCK ID {
background: #f6f2ea;
padding: 50px;
text-align: center;
}

//change text block to make it sticky  
#YOUR BLOCK ID  {position: -webkit-sticky!important;
        position: sticky!important;
        top: 60px;
        z-index: 99999;
    }

• 3 months later...

Just in case your or anyone else is having issues with Sticky Split.  You can now use SquareKicker to apply Sticky Split with one click. 

https://squarekicker.com/letsmakethis/stickysplit

1979610747_StickySplitSections.thumb.png.dd8efc9cac45989a636ca9269a8f4362.png

If your just using SquareKicker for this single feature, you can use SK for one month as a one off and changes save forever.

Edited by NickIppolito

SquareKickerHi, I'm Nick, CEO & Co-Founder at squarekicker.com.  Take your Squarespace sites to the next level with SquareKicker's No-Code Design & Animation Extension. Break free from templates & complex code and start building unique websites that you are proud to show your clients without ever having to write a single line of code. 

Squarespace Extension  ●  Templates  ●  News  ●  Inspiration  ●  Tutorials  ●  Resources