Import One-Stop Shop (IOSS)???

Hi guys. UK seller here now wrestling with the new rules to shipping from UK to EU. Has anyone here got their head around it? Does anyone know if this will be something that SS will integrate into their systems as other online marketplaces have done?

Any info or experiences you have had would be welcome.

The issue of UK sellers shipping to EU buyers as it turns out is not only a massive clustersfuck (due to brexit), but also it seems that Squarespace are completely unprepared on the issue. 

Yes we can assign the tax to each EU country in the backend, but as for getting an 'IOSS' number to use on the shipping label, zero chance. Where is the support for this, how can my post be the only one questioning this issue? I found a thread on the subject of IOSS on the Shopify Forum:

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/EU-Import-One-Stop-Shop-IOSS-support/td-p/1125551

And even that is full of people who have no idea what is truly going on, and I count myself as one of them. 

What an utter mess. eBay issues the seller with an IOSS number, why can't SS?

14 minutes ago, Macrodiffuser said:

Hi 

I feel the same, there are nothing in place to sort this in Squarespace , the only solution I am going to use is a company called www.crossborderit.com I have got a IOSS number from them, my plan is to upload most on my sales info from shipstation through exporting it as a CSV file to the Crossborderit site. I will have to then add my IOSS number to each file. 

Yeah I have seen this place mentioned in the thread I linked, the monthly cost was sort of putting me off as I am not sure I sell that much to warrant it. Plus, as this is not integrated to SS the process you describe sounds like an utter nightmare. I've been looking at all this all day and i'm none the wiser on any of it, i've asked myself should I move to Shopify? Should I just straight up not sell into the EU until all this shit is sorted, will it even ever be sorted? Clusterfu..

• 2 weeks later...

@charlievictor I don't think it will be 'sorted'. I had hoped it would change but as time ones, I don't think so. Does Shopify integrate IOSS? I think what eBay and amazon and Etsy do is all at checkout, based on the type of item you're selling and the buyers location. It adds on extra VAT and gives that direct to the EU, then the customer doesn't have to pay handling fees and VAT on delivery...Its a nightmare though. I sell £6 items, which customers are having to pay around £5 to receive!

• 3 weeks later...

This is driving me nuts. I similarly have spent days trying to figure it out. Closing my shops to the EU, receiving emails from people asking me why they can't buy something in the EU. Returning to see if i can figure it out again. I was looking at Taxamo as they issue an IOSS number but squarespace doesn't integrate the API. I am none the wiser and more frustrated than ever.

• 4 months later...

Hi all.

So I've made a basic shopping site to support a print magazine I've just launched – customers will be able to buy issues through the site, etc.

The problem is I was given bad advice at the start, and am now in a situation where the site is basically finished, but I can't integrate an intermediary API (such as Taxamo or CrossBorderIT) to sort out VAT payments for EU customers, so I was wondering what you guys managed to do? I'm one step away from redoing the site in Shopify, but ideally it would be great if there's a (relatively) easy workaround.

To be honest, I can't quite believe that Squarespace hasn't sorted this already.

Any help at all would be enormously appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by Mortz
  • 1 month later...
On 8/25/2021 at 5:22 PM, Flik said:

This is driving me nuts. I similarly have spent days trying to figure it out. Closing my shops to the EU, receiving emails from people asking me why they can't buy something in the EU. Returning to see if i can figure it out again. I was looking at Taxamo as they issue an IOSS number but squarespace doesn't integrate the API. I am none the wiser and more frustrated than ever.

I looked into Taxamo too, as well as loads of other things but there is simply no way. I can't see any other option but to not sell to the EU. 

• 2 weeks later...

Site URL: https://www.bristleandbrush.co.uk

EU Shipping Q. 

Hi everyone, hope you are having a lovely evening.
I want to do Duty Delivery Paid for EU orders sent from the UK (post Brexit) and I don't want to sell via a market place. So the question is do you know a good UK intermediary to register for IOSS (Import One Stop Shop) that can integrate with Squarespace? The recommended one from Royal mail is Taxamo and I asked the SS help and they said it’s not possible to connect. Did you find away around it? or have you found something else that gives you an IOSS number?Setting up tax profiles is useless to me without IOSS?

Would appreciate all your suggestions. Thank you!

Me too!! Square Space can we please have fix for this? it's soooo important.

I'm currently having to send all of my EU customers to my Etsy shop - Not ideal, for them or me.  Would love to be told that there is an integration with taxamo or similar - it is an essential part of being able to trade with EU countries now.  

Are any SS admin in here? and can give an update as to when this might happen? 

thanks so much 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi..   I too am not advertising in Europe because it's such a faff.  And customers in Europe are not ordering because they are tired of the cost and the 50/50 chance of receiving their order.  It;s now easier to send a box to American than one shirt to France.  Utterly crazy.  I'm researching Taximo ..  on the first conversation, if I can add their software, they charge the VAT plus £2 per order...  I think you'll need someone with coding experience to integrate the add on.  Plus your orders need to be big enough (but not exceed 150 Eur)..  to swallow the £2 fee (or add it at check out)..  What a faff.  I'll update as I move through the issue.  Cheers Karl