Order of images in Gallery Pages constantly becoming out of order

Site URL: https://www.alexanderwolf.nyc/dujour

Hi there,

I am using Mac OS X and Chrome, both of which are totally up to date.  Lately, increasingly, I am having a major problem with my Gallery pages.  I use the Wells template.

My entire site is a series of gallery pages as it's a design-centric portfolio.  Based on various clients, I have to often re-order the images within my gallery pages.  Way too often, I will move images around (which are clustered by stories), only to realize that Squarespace somehow doesn't keep the order I have set and then images are out of order.  Some images are 'left behind' and don't move in the way I have adjusted them.  This is a big problem since I now constantly have to check my pages many times over to make sure something as simple as changing an order actually works.

Do other people experience this?  There seems to be no rhyme or reason to why the order isn't held that I am setting. Is Chrome not the best web browser to use with Squarespace?

Thank you!

Wells is a unique template in that the gallery pages display as a slideshow/grid. The layout does not have to be  fixed as with other templates, images can move around based on browser and monitor size and aspect ratio. Here are some hints for Wells gallery page tweaks:

Layout

• To make thumbnail view the default when visitors land on Gallery Pages, choose Initial Gallery View: Thumbnails.
  • Gallery Pages set as the homepage can have different layout settings. Use the Homepage Gallery View tweak to set this.
  • To hide the thumbnail option, uncheck Enable Gallery Thumbnails.
  • Use the Gallery Style tweak to choose if slideshow images resize to fit the browser height with no cropping (Fit) or crop to fill all available space (Fill).
  • Set the size and shape of your thumbnails with Thumbnail Aspect Ratio and Thumbnail Width.
  • Image captions display in the site-wide sidebar in slideshow layout. They don’t display in thumbnail view. 
  • Style image captions with the Text tweaks in Site Wide Options. For color, titles follow Headings Color and descriptions follow Body Text Color
  • 1 month later...
On 6/28/2021 at 10:27 AM, myrandomviews said:

To make thumbnail view the default when visitors land on Gallery Pages, choose Initial Gallery View: Thumbnails.

Um, where is this located? I have been beating on the gallery to get my images to show up in the order I want, yet they keep getting knocked out of order.  Here are the settings:

image.png.65dcec59fb8d053f4e1db7d670161b44.png

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes I agree after hours trying to get a gallery to display in the order I wanted I searched and am kind of relieved to see I am not the only one ! A gallery image update that should have taken a couple of hours has taken twice or more times that and ion the end I have not even got the order I wanted. Will this bug be fixed ?

• 2 months later...

I'm experiencing the same. I have client instructions in a gallery and its SO FRUSTRATING when the images won't obey sort order. I'm regretting our switch from Wordpress to Squarespace. Just 2 cents for anyone who is considering switching and comes upon this.