Multilingual website - different homepages

Go to solution Solved by Parker_SQSP,

We're a small business offering counselling in a multilingual city. We've been trying to figure out how to make our website multilingual, but we can't seem to find an easy way to do so. Our hope is to have a '"FRANÇAIS" link in the primary nav, which would link to a separate French homepage with French navigation links. But when I try doing so, the English primary nav links remain on the French homepage. Is there a way to make an entirely separate homepage with new navigation links?

Thank you for your help.

• Replies 2
  • Views 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • Solution

Hi @C121!

I'm Parker and I work on the Customer Operations team at Squarespace. I came across your question, and I wanted to let you know that we now offer an integration with Weglot. With Weglot, you can add a language-switcher button to your site's header that will allow folks to switch the language of the content.

This would eliminate the need to create a separate homepage (which would not be possible to do on a single site). 

Here's some more on that: 

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205809778-Creating-a-multilingual-site-in-Squarespace