How to define the default Color Theme Color in 7.1.?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Using the Color Palette as a base, the system adds black and white to the mix, then generates a set of 10 Color Themes that can be assigned to any section you create.

These themes cover a range of shades from light to dark, each with a Minimal and Bold version. One of the themes will be marked as Default.

This theme will be automatically applied to each section you create while building your site.

The Default Theme is selected in this view (Design → Colors), and is outlined to indicate its status. To change the Default, just click on your preferred Theme. Customize any Theme (after dialing in your Color Palette first) by clicking the pencil icon for each Theme (shown while you hover your mouse).

You can really tweak those colors to exactly what you want … each Theme contains colors for all major section elements like backgrounds, headings, text, and buttons. 

Visit my blog Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2021 at 7:04 AM, laura_c said:

@ArminB, I've figured out a way to do this!

Open up the Squarespace app and click on 'Edit' in the top right corner, then click the paintbrush icon. Click on 'Colours', then 'Site Theme'. From here you can set the default theme for the site.

Crazy that this workaround is needed. Here's to hoping that Squarespace add this back in again soon.

I don't have a "site theme" option.  anyone else have this problem?

On 7/27/2021 at 2:48 AM, hardipandiua said:

Using the Color Palette as a base, the system adds black and white to the mix, then generates a set of 10 Color Themes that can be assigned to any section you create.

These themes cover a range of shades from light to dark, each with a Minimal and Bold version. One of the themes will be marked as Default.

This theme will be automatically applied to each section you create while building your site.

The Default Theme is selected in this view (Design → Colors), and is outlined to indicate its status. To change the Default, just click on your preferred Theme. Customize any Theme (after dialing in your Color Palette first) by clicking the pencil icon for each Theme (shown while you hover your mouse).

You can really tweak those colors to exactly what you want … each Theme contains colors for all major section elements like backgrounds, headings, text, and buttons. 

Visit my blog Thanks!

My Design>Colors does not indicate any "default" theme. When I click a theme, it just enters the window to customize (regardless if I click the pencil or not). Did Squarespace change this?  Or am I missing something?

Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 2.41.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 2.41.27 PM.png

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I can't edit my site theme. I can't find it anywhere to edit the default theme. For some reason, it is black text on a black background for my paywall, 404 page, etc. Any advice?