Reorder products on product page

Site URL: https://salteddecor.com/

Hello, I am trying to change the order of products on my product pages. The instructions below are not helpful at all because I can't drag and drop, I also don't have the move to top or bottom options.

Thanks!

Reordering products
You may want to change the order in which products display in a Store Page. For example, you can place your best-selling items first.

1. Open a Store Page.
  2. In the panel, click and drag a product to move it into place. 
  3. After selecting a product, click these actions in the lower banner to automatically move it:
    • Move to top - Move the product to the top of the page. These will appear first in your store.
    • Move to bottom - Move the product to the bottom of the page. These will appear last in your store.
    • Move to another page - Move the product to another Store Page. Visit Moving collection items between pages for more information.

I'm having the same problem.

My template is Avenue. I used to be able to drag and drop to reorder products in my store, and now thats not an option. Ive tried editing the page in different browsers and no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

Site URL: https://beersupply.ca/beers/complex-sour-fruit

Hi,

Is there any way to get the store's products in alphabetical order when on display for customers? I just moved a bunch of stuff around when making category pages and everything is Z-A instead of A-Z .. thanks

https://beersupply.ca/beers/complex-sour-fruit
https://beersupply.ca/beers/light-easy-going
https://beersupply.ca/beers/dark-strong-pastry
https://beersupply.ca/beers/hoppy-hazy-pale-ale

6 hours ago, mdr_willis said:

Is there any way to get the store's products in alphabetical order when on display for customers?

Products will appear in the order they were added. To reorder them, you must manually drag their position or choose 'Move to Top' or 'Move to Bottom'. For more details, see Organizing products

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 months later...

Where is the filter option?  I finally figured out how to move products from one store to another.  Go to Shop panel, click all, and your products will be listed.  Hover over the product you want to move and three dots will appear.  Click on those dots and the options are:  Send to the top (moving the item to the top of page), Send to the bottom (moving item to the bottom of page), Move (moving items from one store page to another), and Delete.  Note:  When I transported all my product from Etsy to Squarespace, my Sold Out items were transferred also.  So I set up another store labeled "Sold Out items" and moved them there.

• 1 year later...
On 5/11/2021 at 12:22 PM, SaltedDecor said:

Site URL: https://salteddecor.com/

Hello, I am trying to change the order of products on my product pages. The instructions below are not helpful at all because I can't drag and drop, I also don't have the move to top or bottom options.

Thanks!

Reordering products
You may want to change the order in which products display in a Store Page. For example, you can place your best-selling items first.

1. Open a Store Page.
  2. In the panel, click and drag a product to move it into place. 
  3. After selecting a product, click these actions in the lower banner to automatically move it:
    • Move to top - Move the product to the top of the page. These will appear first in your store.
    • Move to bottom - Move the product to the bottom of the page. These will appear last in your store.
    • Move to another page - Move the product to another Store Page. Visit Moving collection items between pages for more information.

I'm really confused by this... okay, so when "moving to top" the product will move to the bottom of the view that shows "ALL" products?? Or just in that category?? I'm trying to arrange items on the show "ALL" products page, which is basically the landing page for the shop... It keeps putting my most recently listed items at the very top, and I do not want that. I don't even really like the fact you can only move items all the way up or all the way down... please tell me Squarespace has something better than this to organize shops items... 

14 hours ago, VirgoGirl said:

I'm trying to arrange items on the show "ALL" products page...I don't even really like the fact you can only move items all the way up or all the way down... please tell me Squarespace has something better than this to organize shops items... 

Things have moved on since this thread was started in 2021.

On Squarespace 7.1, when you view your Store page in the Website panel, you should be able to drag any product and position it where you want it to appear, like this:

image.gif.5d948f94330a2abf96895f74032fa99a.gif

What happens when you try to do this?

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 8/2/2023 at 6:09 AM, paul2009 said:

Things have moved on since this thread was started in 2021.

On Squarespace 7.1, when you view your Store page in the Website panel, you should be able to drag any product and position it where you want it to appear, like this:

image.gif.5d948f94330a2abf96895f74032fa99a.gif

What happens when you try to do this?

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Actually, I finally went to support and they found a BUG that they had to fix so that I was able to drag and drop categories. It's working now, so I'm pretty happy about that. It was driving me insane.