Creating a "Shop All" category retroactively in addition to specific sub categories

Site URL: https://www.materialandmovement.com

I think I set up my shopping categories wrong initially, and now I don't know how to fix it. I have a jewelry website. My shop categories are Earrings, Post Earrings, Necklaces, and Gift Certificates. There is no "parent" shop all page, and when you click on the SHOP folder, it just goes to the first category which is Earrings. the link www.materialandmovement.com/shop also just goes to earrings. 

I want the shop link to show all items, but I'm not sure how to retroactively set up my store that way. Any help is appreciated!

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 2.13.41 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 11
  • Views 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, remiolamoto said:

Hi there ! Same problem/issue here.

I do have theme "CLAY" version 7.0 and I can't sort how to display my 3 categories on a single page : like a "shop everything".

Is there a way to solve this please ?

Mercu beaucoup !

Hi. can you share link to shop page on your site? We can help easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 weeks later...

@remiolamoto

Please set up a site-wide password.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password is not a security breach. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

@remiolamoto

I assume that you have created 3 store pages, one for each category?

If so, one way would be to move all the products to one Store page. Then assign categories in the new store for the products from each of the old stores. You'll have to watch out for the product total limit for the new store page.

Has the store ever been available to the public and indexed by search engines? If so then if you go ahead  with this method you'll want  to set up URL redirects for your stores and product detail pages.

This is a very general overview of what to do. This process can be a little tricky to do efficiently.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Merci.

The website has already been public yes for the previous item collection.

Also, It used be on Store page with categories in the Store page (like a collection/folder if my memory is right) for the products. But if I do remember well it didn't worked that well too. Like there was no possibility to use the hover effect thumbnail effect (image switch)... never understood why.

Any other tips for this "show everything" page ?

merci !

12 hours ago, remiolamoto said:

But if I do remember well it didn't worked that well too. Like there was no possibility to use the hover effect thumbnail effect (image switch)... never understood why.

I'm confused as well. There should be no difference for a store page that has categories or not as far as the features of that page.

You could set up a test store page in our not linked area. Add a few test products, assign them categories and see if the bad behaviour you saw is still the case.

The only other suggestion would be to use summary or products blocks on a page to create an All page. It would have a different look and feel from a store page.