Multiple variants deplete one total stock?

Site URL: https://www.ezwaydriver.com/

I have a client that wants to have 16 total seats available per class and wants to offer a pay in full price and a downpayment price, which I have set up as variants. I need to have each variant deplete from the total 16 seat count. I have searched all over the interweb but cannot find a solution. I have to believe there is some custom CSS that could accomplish this so that if Variant 1 has 14 available, Variant 2 would correspond, vice versa and etc.  Any assistance would be appreciated!

Note: There are too many "products" available to do this manually, please do not suggest that as a solution.

Thanks all!

• Replies 1
  • Views 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Squarespace doesn't have any built-in features to pair the inventory of different variants or individual products, and it's not possible to do with CSS.

There's a Squarespace Extension called Trunk Inventory that can do this. It is reasonably easy to set up but you must pay a reasonably high monthly subscription to use it ($35+ per month), depending on the number of orders. 

Trunk works by using Squarespace’s Inventory API, so it possible for a developer to build their own solution on non-Squarespace infrastructure or use an RPA tool to manually build a solution. However, these would require a good understanding of APIs, API keys, and/or code. You’d also need to be able to maintain and support it on an ongoing basis - hence the costs.

There's an existing Circle thread here too (Circle members only):

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived