Can't remove button off of header.

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

I have been stuck on this problem for two days now. I can not manage to remove the button on the top right of my screen. The button that says "take action" needs to go asap. Im launching this website tomorrow so the sooner someone can help, the better.

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 10.08.49 PM.png

Please post the URL for your site.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password is not a security breach. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 10 months later...

I've got a similar issue.  I added a button to my homepage yesterday, but it won't link to it's destination, and I can't seem to edit or remove.  I've seen the tip about goin into 'elements' and turning off the button, but I can't seem to locate the right menu to make the edit from.  

Anyone else come across this?  Any suggestions very gratefully received.  🙏

Alistair

squarespace.jpg

@alibayliss

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

Please read the documentation at the link provided on how to share a link to your site to understand how it works. A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

2 hours ago, alibayliss said:

The issue is the 'request a callback' button beneath the intro, which I can't seem to edit or delete.

In the following ruleset change the z-index to 1.

.Intro:after,section#top-intro:after,section#top-intro-2:after,section#mentoring-intro:after {
    position: relative;
    background-image: url(https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5def677769112a4a8b66a554/t/5e2716c6c6699e02ce249362/1579620038477/New+swoosh.png);
    width: 100%;
    height: 350px;
    content: " ";
    float: left;
    z-index: 1;
    background-position: bottom center;
    background-size: cover;
    bottom: 280px;
    margin-bottom: -325px
}

Let us know how it goes.

• 1 year later...
8 minutes ago, jer33 said:

I am having the same problem trying to remove the button from the banner.

Do you have the call to action button turned on in the header?

ScreenShot2023-04-21at5_39_22PM.png.93170c681945fbd827fb2d7d9b2f3eac.png

Edit the header and turn it off.