Hide a lightbox button?

Site URL: https://www.sunlighttax.com/moneybootcamp

I'm new to Squarespace since I just started a new job in January. We're currently selling a product on our website that uses a lightbox mode form that pops up to fill out when people buy it. 

I want to be able to hide or disable the form if we sell out of the product so that I don't have to rebuild the entire form once we want to sell it again later in the year. The button is at bottom of page and says "Yes, I want to get serious about my career (with taxes)." I would let people know that the product is sold out by replacing the picture that says DFY Bootcamp with one that has SOLD OUT added across the top. 

I've seen other posts that mention using CSS to hide the form; how would I do that? 

Button Screenshot 2021-03-01 153838.jpg

DFY BC Screenshot 2021-03-01 153919.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Views 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, EileenCos said:

Site URL: https://www.sunlighttax.com/moneybootcamp

I'm new to Squarespace since I just started a new job in January. We're currently selling a product on our website that uses a lightbox mode form that pops up to fill out when people buy it. 

I want to be able to hide or disable the form if we sell out of the product so that I don't have to rebuild the entire form once we want to sell it again later in the year. The button is at bottom of page and says "Yes, I want to get serious about my career (with taxes)." I would let people know that the product is sold out by replacing the picture that says DFY Bootcamp with one that has SOLD OUT added across the top. 

I've seen other posts that mention using CSS to hide the form; how would I do that? 

Button Screenshot 2021-03-01 153838.jpg

DFY BC Screenshot 2021-03-01 153919.jpg

you can get the button block id to identify and hide it using custom css, install this extension

Squarespace ID Finder - Chrome Web Store (google.com)image.thumb.png.2f181859daf01c96e95cd55f284c5593.png

#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1601603394773_64754 {
  display: none;
}

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Thank you, BaNgan! This is a neat tool! The only issue that I just realized is that the buttons above on the "tax" side all lead to the bottom button that I want to hide. So I'd need to hide all of the blocks and can't just disable the buttons? We were hoping to put Sold Out on them so that people know they were available before. Maybe I could put pictures up that say sold out in the place of the other blocks? 

On 3/2/2021 at 8:15 PM, EileenCos said:

Thank you, BaNgan! This is a neat tool! The only issue that I just realized is that the buttons above on the "tax" side all lead to the bottom button that I want to hide. So I'd need to hide all of the blocks and can't just disable the buttons? We were hoping to put Sold Out on them so that people know they were available before. Maybe I could put pictures up that say sold out in the place of the other blocks? 

Great idea, i will look

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Archived