Changing site style for only one index (number of thumbnails shown across)

Site URL: http://www.speed-photos.com

Hi, I am currently planning on changing the style of my site to the Avenue template. Its not much different but feels a little cleaner. 

I would like my Index homepage (Highlights) to have two thumbnails across so they are bigger when people first enter the site. If someone clicks on the other indexes (like motorsports) I would like to have 4 thumbnails across so you see more at once. 

Is there a way that I am missing to do this?

Thanks!

Edit: Is the Avenue template needs to be live for assistance please let me know.

• Replies 2
  • Views 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an Avenue user myself, I have researched this and it is possible to set the column size, number of Thumbnailes per row  to what you want with code, but that risks breaking the mobile view. But there is a way to do this without code. 

My suggestion is you don't use an index page for your home page, but  imitate an index  page by using  a new page with a gallery block set to wall or grid, and then when you change that pages images per row in page settings it will not change your  index pages. Each gallery block can pull its content from an existing gallery or have its own images. The images clickthru can be to any other page including an index page. I tested this on my site and it works well. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2021 at 10:34 AM, derricksrandomviews said:

As an Avenue user myself, I have researched this and it is possible to set the column size, number of Thumbnailes per row  to what you want with code, but that risks breaking the mobile view. But there is a way to do this without code. 

My suggestion is you don't use an index page for your home page, but  imitate an index  page by using  a new page with a gallery block set to wall or grid, and then when you change that pages images per row in page settings it will not change your  index pages. Each gallery block can pull its content from an existing gallery or have its own images. The images clickthru can be to any other page including an index page. I tested this on my site and it works well. 

Thank you! Sorry for the slow reply, I did not see the notification. Thanks again!

Archived