Hiding the current blog post in the summary block

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Views 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too have asked this, thinking I could make it behave like an an index page on my Avenue  site. Avenue index pages hide the thumbnail of the active page, but a summary doesn't really display like that, when reading a post it takes the full screen,  no summary items are displayed along with the post at the same time on the same page. So in effect you are not asking for the active one but the last one if you think about it. 

Some folks have done that, but it will leave and empty space and you will need to id the blocks to target the code and it also depends on the layout and how many summary blocks you have. I have not tried this on my site so you will be experimenting . Here is the link to the Chrome block identifier extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/squarespace-collectionblo/bggpdfnccodbnmcndckmeehdjkjojkde?hl=en-US

Here is the code. 

#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1594082530518_15247

.summary-item:nth-child(1) {

display: none;

}

.sqs-active-slide  {
  display:none!important;
}

8 hours ago, derricksrandomviews said:

I too have asked this, thinking I could make it behave like an an index page on my Avenue  site. Avenue index pages hide the thumbnail of the active page, but a summary doesn't really display like that, when reading a post it takes the full screen,  no summary items are displayed along with the post at the same time on the same page. So in effect you are not asking for the active one but the last one if you think about it. 

Some folks have done that, but it will leave and empty space and you will need to id the blocks to target the code and it also depends on the layout and how many summary blocks you have. I have not tried this on my site so you will be experimenting . Here is the link to the Chrome block identifier extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/squarespace-collectionblo/bggpdfnccodbnmcndckmeehdjkjojkde?hl=en-US

Here is the code. 

.summary-item:nth-child(1) {

display: none;

}

.sqs-active-slide  {
  display:none!important;
}

Thanks for this! Appreciate you taking the time to write this response.

I couldn't quite get it to work, but I figured out another (tedious) solution. For each blog post (thankfully I only have a few so far), I add tags with the name of every other blog post. For example, if I have a post on "How to Meal Prep", on every post except the one titled "How to Meal Prep" I add a tag with that title. Then, on the summary block for the How to Meal Prep post I click that tag, and it shows every other post and not the current one (since I didn't tag it). Not the best solution, but posting in case it can help anyone else. 

Archived