Connecting Custom Squarespace Domain to Stripe

Site URL: https://www.thestorehousechicago.org/

Hello, I am having an issue with mapping the Stripe C-Name to my squarespace hosted custom domain, since I want to send Stripe emails from my domain name. Candidly, I am not even sure where value to insert into what. 

Does anyone know where to insert the Stripe Name and Value (first screenshot) into the SquareSpace DNS settings (second screenshot)? Or should I be using google since my email is from GSuite?

image.thumb.png.a42070d4f928f4f8ba06ceb08d290f83.png

image.thumb.png.59770fe51a1788fb6eaff1b2ef669ad3.png

Scroll to the bottom of that page. You'll see a spot to add your own records:

45216835_Screenshot2021-01-21195131.png.62ba87b9e3493b9581e0d330ae038848.png

Click that A dropdown and select TXT 

361494970_Screenshot2021-01-21195356.png.19330bf25ad2053644ce1e0172988e42.png

Put the Name where the @ shows, and the Value where Text shows. Click Add. Now change the dropdown to CNAME 

1198937369_Screenshot2021-01-21195527.png.ec5e809e08107e4375316c18a447168a.png

Put Name where the www. shows - do not include your domain name, so if it says to use something.example.com, you type in just "something" (no quotes). Put the value in the "Enter alias data" field and click Add.

One confusing thing is that when you click Add, your new records may now be at the top of the list. Don't add them twice.

• 9 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 11/8/2021 at 11:35 PM, ryantbenson said:

I am having trouble with this. Was anyone ever able to get this to work? Both Squarespace and Stripe Customer Support individuals keep playing ping pong and sending me back to one another. 

The key is that Stripe gives you values that you need to modify for them to work in Squarespace. (This info is in the posts above but I thought it was worth summarising.)

In particular:

The TXT record - Stripe says to put your domain name in the 'host' field (e.g. mywebsite.org), but you want to put the @ sign instead

For the CNAME records - Stripe says to put a value under 'host' that is a random sequence of numbers and letters, followed by _domainkey, followed by your domain name, all as one word (e.g. aeh33jw3awdkln._domainkey.mywebsite.org). You need to put in everything up to the 'y' or domainkey but nothing else (not the full stop, and not your domain name) - so, in this example, you'd put in aeh33jw3awdkln._domainkey

Finally, Stripe also suggests you put in a value in the 'data' field of your CNAME record that has a full stop at the end - you need to remove this full stop, so it ends stripe.com

I couldn't get this to work for a while but it did work once I made these fixes.

• 1 year later...
On 12/8/2021 at 3:34 PM, jacklewars said:

The key is that Stripe gives you values that you need to modify for them to work in Squarespace. (This info is in the posts above but I thought it was worth summarising.)

In particular:

The TXT record - Stripe says to put your domain name in the 'host' field (e.g. mywebsite.org), but you want to put the @ sign instead

For the CNAME records - Stripe says to put a value under 'host' that is a random sequence of numbers and letters, followed by _domainkey, followed by your domain name, all as one word (e.g. aeh33jw3awdkln._domainkey.mywebsite.org). You need to put in everything up to the 'y' or domainkey but nothing else (not the full stop, and not your domain name) - so, in this example, you'd put in aeh33jw3awdkln._domainkey

Finally, Stripe also suggests you put in a value in the 'data' field of your CNAME record that has a full stop at the end - you need to remove this full stop, so it ends stripe.com

I couldn't get this to work for a while but it did work once I made these fixes.

Thank you so much for this, I have been searching for a while why my records are not working correctly. This really helped. 

• 4 months later...
On 12/8/2021 at 12:04 PM, jacklewars said:

In particular:

Thank you! It worked for me